Ericka E Tung
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Common curbsides and conundrums in geriatric medicineEricka E Tung
Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 88:630-5. 2013..The topics include diagnosis and management of mild cognitive impairment, assessment of the cognitively impaired driver, cancer screening in the older patient, and sarcopenia...
- Use of a geriatric home visit experience to teach medical students the functional status assessmentEricka E Tung
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:244-6. 2009..To address this deficiency, we developed a Geriatric Home-based Assessment (GHA) module for third-year medical students. The module was composed of a workshop and two to three home visits...
- Advance care planning in the primary care setting: a comparison of attending staff and resident barriersEricka E Tung
Division Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 26:456-63. 2009..The majority of respondents cited system-based barriers as major obstacles to ACP. Strategies aimed at systematizing the ACP process for both patients and providers are needed...
- Clinical decision support technology to increase advance care planning in the primary care settingEricka E Tung
Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 28:230-5. 2011..In all, 21.6% of intervention participants completed an AMD, compared with 4.1% of control participants. Combining clinical decision support systems and standardized processes enhances the ACP process...
- Use of the elderly risk assessment (ERA) index to predict 2-year mortality and nursing home placement among community dwelling older adultsPaul Y Takahashi
Division of Primary Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 54:34-8. 2012..Clinically, the identification of high risk individuals may be useful for utilization of clinical case management...
- Use of an electronic administrative database to identify older community dwelling adults at high-risk for hospitalization or emergency department visits: the elders risk assessment indexSarah J Crane
Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota, 55905, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:338. 2010..The goal of this study is to demonstrate the use of an electronic medical record to create an administrative index which is able to risk-stratify this heterogeneous population...
- Advance care planning in the skilled nursing facility: what do we need for success?MARY BURGESS
Mayo Clinic, Internal Medicine Residency Program, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 39:85-90. 2011..The primary aim of this study was to identify key barriers to ACP completion among SNF providers. A secondary aim was to identify ACP practice-based differences between SNF physicians and midlevel providers...
- Improved resident physician confidence with advance care planning after an ambulatory clinic interventionEricka E Tung
1Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 31:275-80. 2014..Residents reported significantly improved confidence with ACP and identified important training gaps. Future studies examining the impact on ACP quality are needed. ..