Han W Tun
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Pomalidomide shows significant therapeutic activity against CNS lymphoma with a major impact on the tumor microenvironment in murine modelsZhimin Li
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71754. 2013..It can induce significant biological changes in tumor-associated macrophages, which likely play a major role in its therapeutic activity against CNS lymphoma. POM should be further evaluated in clinical trials. ..
- Pathway analysis of primary central nervous system lymphomaHan W Tun
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Blood 111:3200-10. 2008..The gene expression signature discovered in our study may represent a true "CNS signature" because we contrasted PCNSL with wide-spectrum non-CNS DLBCL on a genomic scale and performed an in-depth bioinformatic analysis...
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 is a novel molecular therapeutic target for clear cell renal cell carcinomaChristina A von Roemeling
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:2368-80. 2013..S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved regimens...
- Primary central nervous system B cell lymphoma with features intermediate between diffuse large B cell lymphoma and Burkitt lymphomaLiuyan Jiang
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 5:72-6. 2012..It is characterized by a very aggressive clinical course, and a widespread multifocal involvement of the CNS. Our case shows that a DLBCL/BL can manifest in the CNS alone without any systemic involvement...
- Reexpression of tumor suppressor, sFRP1, leads to antitumor synergy of combined HDAC and methyltransferase inhibitors in chemoresistant cancersSimon J Cooper
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:2105-15. 2012..Combinatorial treatment with romidepsin and decitabine in drug resistant tumors is a promising treatment strategy. Moreover, recombinant sFRP1 may be a novel therapeutic strategy for cancers with suppressed sFRP1 expression...
- Selective central nervous system tropism of primary central nervous system lymphomaLiuyan Jiang
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:763-7. 2010..We did not find any evidence of lymphoma at the site of implantation or other locations. The findings are consistent with highly selective tropism of PCNSLforthe CNS and its vasculature...
- Foxo3a drives proliferation in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma through transcriptional regulation of cyclin A1: a paradigm shift that impacts current therapeutic strategiesLaura A Marlow
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Cell Sci 125:4253-63. 2012..This new paradigm also suggests caution in relation to current dogma focused upon reactivation of FoxO3a as a therapeutic strategy against cancers harboring active PI3-K and Akt signaling pathways...
- Long-term repair of T-cell synapse activity in a phase II trial of chemoimmunotherapy followed by lenalidomide consolidation in previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)Tait D Shanafelt
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Blood 121:4137-41. 2013..These novel data showing repair of T-cell defects provide proof-of-principle that lenalidomide-based consolidation after CIT could have a beneficial clinical and immunologic role in CLL...
- Pathway signature and cellular differentiation in clear cell renal cell carcinomaHan W Tun
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10696. 2010..Clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) is the most common kidney cancer. The purpose of this study is to define a biological pathway signature and a cellular differentiation program in ccRCC...
- Use of rituximab for periocular and intraocular mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphomaRajesh K Shetty
Florida Eye Specialists, Jacksonville, Florida 32256, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 18:110-2. 2010..The patient had a complete remission within 3 months of starting rituximab therapy. A recurrence 6 months later remitted with a second round of rituximab therapy and the patient remained tumor-free at 1 year...
- A phase I/II trial of reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant for hematologic malignancies using cladribine, thiotepa and rabbit antithymocyte globulinJeremy T Larsen
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:1713-8. 2013..Median progression-free survival (PFS) was 11 months and 2-year PFS was 40%. We conclude that the reduced-intensity conditioning regimen of cladribine, thiotepa and ATG achieved excellent donor chimerism with acceptable toxicity...