Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Phase I study of the novel Cdc2/CDK1 and AKT inhibitor terameprocol in patients with advanced leukemiasR Tibes
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ, 85259, USA
Invest New Drugs 33:389-96. 2015..Inhibiting survivin and Cdc2 (CDK1) has preclinical anti-leukemic activity. Terameprocol is a small molecule survivin and Cdc2/CDK1 inhibitor that was studied in a Phase I dose-escalation trial...
- CHK1 and WEE1 inhibition combine synergistically to enhance therapeutic efficacy in acute myeloid leukemia ex vivoLeena Chaudhuri
Haematologica 99:688-96. 2014..These results indicate that combined cell cycle checkpoint interference with MK1775/MK8776 warrants further investigation as a potential treatment for acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Targeting hedgehog signaling in myelofibrosis and other hematologic malignanciesRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, NCI Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, 13400 E, Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Hematol Oncol 7:18. 2014..Future studies, including one combining the Hh pathway inhibitor sonidegib and the JAK2 inhibitor ruxolitinib, are underway in patients with MF and will inform whether this combination approach can lead to true disease modification. ..
- Emerging drugs for polycythemia veraRaoul Tibes
Mayo College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 18:393-404. 2013..Polycythemia vera (PV) patients suffer from disease-related constitutional symptoms, cardiovascular complications and risk of transformation into myelofibrosis and acute leukemia...
- JAK2 inhibitors in the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasmsRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, Hematology, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:1755-74. 2012..In addition, growth factor/cytokine stimulatory events activate JAK-STAT signaling independent of mutations...
- Current outlook on molecular pathogenesis and treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasmsRaoul Tibes
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 16:269-83. 2012..Future clinical development will focus on optimal combination partners and agents that target alternative mechanisms, deepen the response, and achieve molecular remissions...
- RNAi screening of the kinome with cytarabine in leukemiasRaoul Tibes
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Blood 119:2863-72. 2012..Data from this first siRNA-kinome sensitizer screen suggests that inhibiting WEE1 in combination with Ara-C is a rational combination for the treatment of myeloid and lymphoid leukemias...
- Patient willingness to undergo pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic tests in early phase oncology trialsRaoul Tibes
Translational Genomics Research Institute and Virginia G Piper Cancer Center, Phoenix Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Cancer 117:3276-83. 2011..The authors conducted a prospective study examining patients' willingness to undergo such tests and the number of tests the patients would tolerate...
- JAK2 inhibitors and their impact in myeloproliferative neoplasmsHolly L Geyer
Department of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Hematology 17:S129-32. 2012....
- RNAi screening of the kinome identifies modulators of cisplatin response in ovarian cancer cellsShilpi Arora
Pharmaceutical Genomics Division, The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Gynecol Oncol 118:220-7. 2010..In order to improve cisplatin response in ovarian cancer cells, we utilized a high-throughput RNAi screening to identify kinase modulators...
- Phase I study of the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of PHA-848125AC, a dual tropomyosin receptor kinase A and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid malignanciesGlen J Weiss
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare VGPCC, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:2334-43. 2012..This phase I trial assessed the safety, maximally tolerated dose (MTD) and pharmacokinetics of TRKA/CDK inhibitor PHA-848125AC in adult patients with advanced/metastatic solid tumors...
- 18-FDG PET/CT assessment of basal cell carcinoma with vismodegibCurtis A Thacker
Scottsdale Medical Imaging, Ltd Scottsdale, AZ Midwestern University Glendale, AZ, USA
Cancer Med 1:230-6. 2012..019). BCC lesions are hypermetabolic on 18-FDG PET/CT. A decrease in SUVmax was associated with improved PFS and OS. These results further support the incorporation of 18-FDG PET/CT scans in advanced BCC management...
- A multicenter, phase I, dose-escalation study to assess the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of etirinotecan pegol in patients with refractory solid tumorsGayle S Jameson
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare VGPCC TGen, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:268-78. 2013..This study was designed to establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and to evaluate tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of etirinotecan pegol...
- Phase I trial of UNBS5162, a novel naphthalimide in patients with advanced solid tumors or lymphomaDaruka Mahadevan
Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
Int J Clin Oncol 18:934-41. 2013..A Phase I study of UNBS5162 was conducted to establish pharmacokinetics (PK), maximum tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity, safety and anti-tumor activity in patients with advanced solid tumors or lymphoma...
- Effect of selection of QTc formula on eligibility of cancer patients for phase I clinical trialsMitesh J Borad
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Invest New Drugs 31:1056-65. 2013..57 % (96 of 830). Uniform criteria and guidelines for selection of QTc formulae need to be developed. Formulae-specific QTc thresholds also need to be specified...
- Transformation of a chronic myeloproliferative neoplasm to acute myelogenous leukemia: does anything work?Madappa N Kundranda
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 7:78-86. 2012..This review focuses on the latest advances in our understanding of the biology of leukemic transformation and current clinical therapies that are available for this patient population...
- Phase 1 study of the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of TH-302, a hypoxia-activated prodrug, in patients with advanced solid malignanciesGlen J Weiss
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare TGen, Scottsdale, Arizona 85238, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2997-3004. 2011....
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms 5 years after discovery of JAK2V617F: what is the impact of JAK2 inhibitor therapy?Raoul Tibes
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1178-87. 2011..Alternative agents (with alternative targets), used either alone or in combination, might perhaps further augment the spectrum of efficacy and therapeutic options for MPNs...
- A phase I, first-in-human dose-escalation study of amuvatinib, a multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumorsRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:463-71. 2013..gov identifier: NCT00894894) in patients with solid tumors refractory to prior therapies or for which no standard therapy existed...
- The impact of concomitant medication use on patient eligibility for phase I cancer clinical trialsMitesh J Borad
1 Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
J Cancer 3:345-53. 2012..The most common medications discontinued were herbal, proton pump inhibitors, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor anti-depressants, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Inhibition of the hedgehog pathway in advanced basal-cell carcinomaDaniel D Von Hoff
Translational Genomics Research Institute and Scottsdale Healthcare, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
N Engl J Med 361:1164-72. 2009..In a phase 1 clinical trial, we assessed the safety and pharmacokinetics of GDC-0449, a small-molecule inhibitor of SMO, and responses of metastatic or locally advanced basal-cell carcinoma to the drug...
- RNAi phenotype profiling of kinases identifies potential therapeutic targets in Ewing's sarcomaShilpi Arora
Pharmaceutical Genomic Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mol Cancer 9:218. 2010..As part of novel target discovery in Ewing's sarcoma, we applied RNAi mediated phenotypic profiling to identify kinase targets involved in growth and survival of Ewing's sarcoma cells...
- Synergistic targeting of AML stem/progenitor cells with IAP antagonist birinapant and demethylating agentsBing Z Carter
Affiliations of authors Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Leukemia BZC, PYM, DHM, YS, YQ, hm, ROJ, TM, SMK, MA and Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology HY, Krc, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ JMB, RT
J Natl Cancer Inst 106:djt440. 2014....
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for myeloproliferative neoplasm in blast phaseChad Cherington
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Leuk Res 36:1147-51. 2012..We conclude that MPN-BP can be cured by allo-SCT in a significant percentage of patients, but that adequate leukemic clearance prior to allo-SCT offers an optimal outcome...
- Evolution of clinical trial endpoints in chronic myeloid leukemia: efficacious therapies require sensitive monitoring techniquesRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, United States
Leuk Res 36:664-71. 2012..This review discusses the evolution of CML clinical trial endpoints in response to current therapeutic and monitoring modalities, and the implications of achieving molecular endpoints...