Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Emerging drugs for polycythemia veraRaoul Tibes
Mayo College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA 1 480 301 6740 1 480 301 4675
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 18:393-404. 2013..Yet the influence of long-term outcome and delaying disease progression is unknown. Thus, there still remains an unmet medical need for improved therapy and symptom management in PV. ..
- JAK2 inhibitors in the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasmsRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, Hematology, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:1755-74. 2012..In addition, growth factor/cytokine stimulatory events activate JAK-STAT signaling independent of mutations...
- Current outlook on molecular pathogenesis and treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasmsRaoul Tibes
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 16:269-83. 2012..Future clinical development will focus on optimal combination partners and agents that target alternative mechanisms, deepen the response, and achieve molecular remissions...
- RNAi screening of the kinome with cytarabine in leukemiasRaoul Tibes
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Blood 119:2863-72. 2012..Data from this first siRNA-kinome sensitizer screen suggests that inhibiting WEE1 in combination with Ara-C is a rational combination for the treatment of myeloid and lymphoid leukemias...
- Patient willingness to undergo pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic tests in early phase oncology trialsRaoul Tibes
Translational Genomics Research Institute and Virginia G Piper Cancer Center, Phoenix Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Cancer 117:3276-83. 2011..The authors conducted a prospective study examining patients' willingness to undergo such tests and the number of tests the patients would tolerate...
- JAK2 inhibitors and their impact in myeloproliferative neoplasmsHolly L Geyer
Department of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Hematology 17:S129-32. 2012....
- RNAi screening of the kinome identifies modulators of cisplatin response in ovarian cancer cellsShilpi Arora
Pharmaceutical Genomics Division, The Translational Genomics Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Gynecol Oncol 118:220-7. 2010..In order to improve cisplatin response in ovarian cancer cells, we utilized a high-throughput RNAi screening to identify kinase modulators...
- Phase I study of the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of PHA-848125AC, a dual tropomyosin receptor kinase A and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid malignanciesGlen J Weiss
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare VGPCC, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:2334-43. 2012..This phase I trial assessed the safety, maximally tolerated dose (MTD) and pharmacokinetics of TRKA/CDK inhibitor PHA-848125AC in adult patients with advanced/metastatic solid tumors...
- A multicenter, phase I, dose-escalation study to assess the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of etirinotecan pegol in patients with refractory solid tumorsGayle S Jameson
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare VGPCC TGen, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:268-78. 2013..This study was designed to establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and to evaluate tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of etirinotecan pegol...
- Transformation of a chronic myeloproliferative neoplasm to acute myelogenous leukemia: does anything work?Madappa N Kundranda
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 7:78-86. 2012..This review focuses on the latest advances in our understanding of the biology of leukemic transformation and current clinical therapies that are available for this patient population...
- Phase 1 study of the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of TH-302, a hypoxia-activated prodrug, in patients with advanced solid malignanciesGlen J Weiss
Virginia G Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare TGen, Scottsdale, Arizona 85238, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2997-3004. 2011....
- Effect of selection of QTc formula on eligibility of cancer patients for phase I clinical trialsMitesh J Borad
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Invest New Drugs 31:1056-65. 2013..57 % (96 of 830). Uniform criteria and guidelines for selection of QTc formulae need to be developed. Formulae-specific QTc thresholds also need to be specified...
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms 5 years after discovery of JAK2V617F: what is the impact of JAK2 inhibitor therapy?Raoul Tibes
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:1178-87. 2011..Alternative agents (with alternative targets), used either alone or in combination, might perhaps further augment the spectrum of efficacy and therapeutic options for MPNs...
- A phase I, first-in-human dose-escalation study of amuvatinib, a multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumorsRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:463-71. 2013..gov identifier: NCT00894894) in patients with solid tumors refractory to prior therapies or for which no standard therapy existed...
- The impact of concomitant medication use on patient eligibility for phase I cancer clinical trialsMitesh J Borad
1 Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
J Cancer 3:345-53. 2012..The most common medications discontinued were herbal, proton pump inhibitors, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor anti-depressants, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Inhibition of the hedgehog pathway in advanced basal-cell carcinomaDaniel D Von Hoff
Translational Genomics Research Institute and Scottsdale Healthcare, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
N Engl J Med 361:1164-72. 2009..In a phase 1 clinical trial, we assessed the safety and pharmacokinetics of GDC-0449, a small-molecule inhibitor of SMO, and responses of metastatic or locally advanced basal-cell carcinoma to the drug...
- RNAi phenotype profiling of kinases identifies potential therapeutic targets in Ewing's sarcomaShilpi Arora
Pharmaceutical Genomic Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mol Cancer 9:218. 2010..As part of novel target discovery in Ewing's sarcoma, we applied RNAi mediated phenotypic profiling to identify kinase targets involved in growth and survival of Ewing's sarcoma cells...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for myeloproliferative neoplasm in blast phaseChad Cherington
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Leuk Res 36:1147-51. 2012..We conclude that MPN-BP can be cured by allo-SCT in a significant percentage of patients, but that adequate leukemic clearance prior to allo-SCT offers an optimal outcome...
- Evolution of clinical trial endpoints in chronic myeloid leukemia: efficacious therapies require sensitive monitoring techniquesRaoul Tibes
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, United States
Leuk Res 36:664-71. 2012..This review discusses the evolution of CML clinical trial endpoints in response to current therapeutic and monitoring modalities, and the implications of achieving molecular endpoints...