Carrie A Thompson
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Care of the adult Hodgkin lymphoma survivorCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Med 124:1106-12. 2011..This review summarizes these unique potential medical and psychologic sequelae of Hodgkin lymphoma, and provides screening and management recommendations...
- Pure red cell aplasia associated with thymoma: clinical insights from a 50-year single-institution experienceCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Br J Haematol 135:405-7. 2006..However, treatment-related morbidity was high, with frequent infectious complications...
- Surveillance CT scans are a source of anxiety and fear of recurrence in long-term lymphoma survivorsC A Thompson
Mayo Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Oncol 21:2262-6. 2010..We aimed to assess anxiety and the psychological impact of routine surveillance scans in long-term survivors of adult aggressive lymphoma...
- Systemic AL amyloidosis with acquired factor X deficiency: A study of perioperative bleeding risk and treatment outcomes in 60 patientsCarrie A Thompson
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Hematol 85:171-3. 2010..Optimal management of AL patients with FX deficiency undergoing invasive procedures remains to be determined...
- Elevated serum free light chains are associated with inferior event free and overall survival in Hodgkin lymphomaCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 86:998-1000. 2011..84; 95% CI: 1.84-12.7) and OS (HR = 8.87; 95% CI: 2.35-33.52) compared to patients with normal FLC. Further studies of FLC in HL are warranted...
- The association between early life and adult body mass index and physical activity with risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: impact of genderJennifer L Kelly
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:855-62. 2012..To evaluate the association of body mass index (BMI) and physical activity (PA) during adulthood and at the age of 18 years with risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Multi-institutional phase 2 study of the farnesyltransferase inhibitor tipifarnib (R115777) in patients with relapsed and refractory lymphomasThomas E Witzig
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 118:4882-9. 2011..In view of its excellent toxicity profile and novel mechanism of action, further studies in combination with other agents appear warranted. This trial is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00082888...
- The Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy - General (FACT-G) is valid for monitoring quality of life in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomaKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:290-7. 2013..Overall, the FACT-G was a valid measure for monitoring QoL over time in patients with NHL. However, sensitivity analyses based on subscale scoring that excludes potentially problematic items may be warranted...
- Acute renal infarction due to fungal vascular invasion in disseminated candidiasisShawn M McGee
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 73:535-7. 2009..Histopathologic examination of the nephrectomy specimen revealed complete infarction of the kidney secondary to Candida spp. infiltrating the parenchyma and occluding the hilar vessels...
- Diagnosis and management of Waldenström macroglobulinemia: Mayo stratification of macroglobulinemia and risk-adapted therapy (mSMART) guidelinesStephen M Ansell
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:824-33. 2010..Autologous stem cell transplant should be considered in all eligible patients with relapsed disease...
- Fibrin d-dimer concentration, deep vein thrombosis symptom duration, and venous thrombus volumeAndrew K Kurklinsky
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Angiology 62:253-6. 2011..To determine the relationship between fibrin D-dimer levels, symptom duration, and thrombus volume, consecutive patients with incident deep venous thrombosis (DVT) were evaluated...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among long-term lymphoma survivors: a pilot studyThomas M Habermann
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 84:795-8. 2009..The use of potential agents of risk by the survivors and the lack of access to potentially beneficial modalities highlights the need for further study of CAM in this population...
- Food-frequency questionnaire-based estimates of total antioxidant capacity and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphomaShernan G Holtan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1158-68. 2012....
- Hematologist/oncologist disease-specific expertise and survival: lessons from chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)/small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)Tait D Shanafelt
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
Cancer 118:1827-37. 2012....
- Elevated serum free light chains are associated with event-free and overall survival in two independent cohorts of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaMatthew J Maurer
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1620-6. 2011..This assay has prognostic value in plasma cell proliferative disorders. There are limited data on serum FLC in B-cell malignancies...
- Antioxidant intake from fruits, vegetables and other sources and risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: the Iowa Women's Health StudyCarrie A Thompson
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Int J Cancer 126:992-1003. 2010..In conclusion, these results support a role for vegetables, and perhaps fruits and associated antioxidants from food sources, as protective factors against the development of NHL and follicular lymphoma in particular...
- Pure red cell aplasia and thymomaCarrie A Thompson
J Thorac Oncol 2:263-4. 2007