Carrie A Thompson
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Utility of routine post-therapy surveillance imaging in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaCarrie A Thompson
Carrie A Thompson, Matthew J Maurer, James R Cerhan, Stephen M Ansell, David J Inwards, Patrick B Johnston, William R Macon, Ivana N Micallef, Grzegorz S Nowakowski, Luis F Porrata, Thomas E Witzig, Thomas M Habermann, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Herve Ghesquieres, Pierre Biron, Catherine Chassagne ClÃ©ment, ThÃ©rÃ¨se Gargi, Emmanuelle Nicolas Virelizier, Marie Peix, Catherine Sebban, Centre Leon Berard, University of Lyon, Lyon, France George J Weiner and Brian K Link, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
J Clin Oncol 32:3506-12. 2014....
- Care of the adult Hodgkin lymphoma survivorCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Med 124:1106-12. 2011..This review summarizes these unique potential medical and psychologic sequelae of Hodgkin lymphoma, and provides screening and management recommendations...
- Pure red cell aplasia associated with thymoma: clinical insights from a 50-year single-institution experienceCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Br J Haematol 135:405-7. 2006..However, treatment-related morbidity was high, with frequent infectious complications...
- Surveillance CT scans are a source of anxiety and fear of recurrence in long-term lymphoma survivorsC A Thompson
Mayo Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Oncol 21:2262-6. 2010..We aimed to assess anxiety and the psychological impact of routine surveillance scans in long-term survivors of adult aggressive lymphoma...
- Systemic AL amyloidosis with acquired factor X deficiency: A study of perioperative bleeding risk and treatment outcomes in 60 patientsCarrie A Thompson
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Hematol 85:171-3. 2010..Optimal management of AL patients with FX deficiency undergoing invasive procedures remains to be determined...
- Trans fatty acid intake is associated with increased risk and n3 fatty acid intake with reduced risk of non-hodgkin lymphomaBridget Charbonneau
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Nutr 143:672-81. 2013..In conclusion, diets high in TFAs, processed meats, and higher fat dairy products were positively associated with NHL risk, whereas diets high in n3 fatty acids and total seafood were inversely associated with risk...
- Elevated serum free light chains are associated with inferior event free and overall survival in Hodgkin lymphomaCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 86:998-1000. 2011..84; 95% CI: 1.84-12.7) and OS (HR = 8.87; 95% CI: 2.35-33.52) compared to patients with normal FLC. Further studies of FLC in HL are warranted...
- Anthropometric, medical history and lifestyle risk factors for myeloproliferative neoplasms in the Iowa Women's Health Study cohortAlexis D Leal
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Int J Cancer 134:1741-50. 2014..Regular aspirin use may lower risk for ET...
- Rates and outcomes of follicular lymphoma transformation in the immunochemotherapy era: a report from the University of Iowa/MayoClinic Specialized Program of Research Excellence Molecular Epidemiology ResourceBrian K Link
Brian K Link, Sergei I Syrbu, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA and Matthew J Maurer, Grzegorz S Nowakowski, Stephen M Ansell, William R Macon, Susan L Slager, Carrie A Thompson, David J Inwards, Patrick B Johnston, Joseph P Colgan, Thomas E Witzig, Thomas M Habermann, and James R Cerhan, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN
J Clin Oncol 31:3272-8. 2013..This study sought to characterize transformation incidence and outcome for patients with follicular lymphoma (FL) in a prospective observational series begun after diffusion of rituximab use...
- The association between early life and adult body mass index and physical activity with risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: impact of genderJennifer L Kelly
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:855-62. 2012..To evaluate the association of body mass index (BMI) and physical activity (PA) during adulthood and at the age of 18 years with risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)...
- Food-frequency questionnaire-based estimates of total antioxidant capacity and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphomaShernan G Holtan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1158-68. 2012....
- Multi-institutional phase 2 study of the farnesyltransferase inhibitor tipifarnib (R115777) in patients with relapsed and refractory lymphomasThomas E Witzig
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 118:4882-9. 2011..In view of its excellent toxicity profile and novel mechanism of action, further studies in combination with other agents appear warranted. This trial is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00082888...
- Peripheral blood absolute lymphocyte/monocyte ratio during rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone treatment cycles predicts clinical outcomes in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaLuis F Porrata
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 55:2728-38. 2014..The ALC/AMC ratio during R-CHOP cycles predicts survival and provides a platform to develop therapeutic modalities to manipulate the ALC/AMC ratio during R-CHOP cycles to improve DLBCL clinical outcomes. ..
- Event-free survival at 24 months is a robust end point for disease-related outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with immunochemotherapyMatthew J Maurer
Matthew J Maurer, Hervé Ghesquières, Thomas E Witzig, Carrie A Thompson, Ivana N Micallef, William R Macon, Paul J Kurtin, Cristine Allmer, Susan L Slager, Thomas M Habermann, and James R Cerhan, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Hervé Ghesquières and Emmanuelle Nicolas Virelizier, Centre Léon Bérard Hervé Ghesquières and Gilles Salles, Universite Claude Bernard, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique 5239, Lyon Jean Philippe Jais, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM UMR S 872, Necker Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris Richard Delarue, Necker Hospital Thierry Jo Molina, Paris Descartes University, Paris Centre University Hospital, Paris Corinne Haioun, Henri Mondor Hospital, Universite Paris Est, Créteil Frédéric Peyrade, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice Olivier Fitoussi, Polyclinique Bordeaux Nord, Bordeaux Gilles Salles, Hospices Civils de Lyon
J Clin Oncol 32:1066-73. 2014..We evaluated the timing and type of events in newly diagnosed DLBCL and compared patient outcome with reference population data...
- The Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy - General (FACT-G) is valid for monitoring quality of life in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphomaKathleen J Yost
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:290-7. 2013..Overall, the FACT-G was a valid measure for monitoring QoL over time in patients with NHL. However, sensitivity analyses based on subscale scoring that excludes potentially problematic items may be warranted...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among long-term lymphoma survivors: a pilot studyThomas M Habermann
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 84:795-8. 2009..The use of potential agents of risk by the survivors and the lack of access to potentially beneficial modalities highlights the need for further study of CAM in this population...
- Elevated serum free light chains are associated with event-free and overall survival in two independent cohorts of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaMatthew J Maurer
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1620-6. 2011..This assay has prognostic value in plasma cell proliferative disorders. There are limited data on serum FLC in B-cell malignancies...
- Acute renal infarction due to fungal vascular invasion in disseminated candidiasisShawn M McGee
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 73:535-7. 2009..Histopathologic examination of the nephrectomy specimen revealed complete infarction of the kidney secondary to Candida spp. infiltrating the parenchyma and occluding the hilar vessels...
- Diagnosis and management of Waldenström macroglobulinemia: Mayo stratification of macroglobulinemia and risk-adapted therapy (mSMART) guidelinesStephen M Ansell
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:824-33. 2010..Autologous stem cell transplant should be considered in all eligible patients with relapsed disease...
- Fibrin d-dimer concentration, deep vein thrombosis symptom duration, and venous thrombus volumeAndrew K Kurklinsky
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Angiology 62:253-6. 2011..To determine the relationship between fibrin D-dimer levels, symptom duration, and thrombus volume, consecutive patients with incident deep venous thrombosis (DVT) were evaluated...
- End-of-life care in a population-based cohort of cancer patients: clinical trial participation versus standard of careCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
BMJ Support Palliat Care 3:181-7. 2013..To evaluate end-of-life care in a cohort of oncology patients in Olmsted County, Minnesota, USA, and compare differences between patients participating in clinical trials and those not in clinical trials...
- Hematologist/oncologist disease-specific expertise and survival: lessons from chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)/small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)Tait D Shanafelt
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
Cancer 118:1827-37. 2012....
- Antioxidant intake from fruits, vegetables and other sources and risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: the Iowa Women's Health StudyCarrie A Thompson
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Int J Cancer 126:992-1003. 2010..In conclusion, these results support a role for vegetables, and perhaps fruits and associated antioxidants from food sources, as protective factors against the development of NHL and follicular lymphoma in particular...
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple susceptibility loci for diffuse large B cell lymphomaJames R Cerhan
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Nat Genet 46:1233-8. 2014..63 × 10(-11), respectively). These data provide substantial new evidence for genetic susceptibility to this B cell malignancy and point to pathways involved in immune recognition and immune function in the pathogenesis of DLBCL. ..
- Pure red cell aplasia and thymomaCarrie A Thompson
J Thorac Oncol 2:263-4. 2007