H D Tazelaar
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Atrial giant cell myocarditis: a distinctive clinicopathologic entityBrandon T Larsen
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Circulation 127:39-47. 2013..We describe a novel variant of GCM, primarily involving the atria, that displays distinctive clinical features and follows a more benign course than ventricular GCM...
- Lymphoid hyperplasia and eosinophilic pneumonia as histologic manifestations of amiodarone-induced lung toxicityBrandon T Larsen
Department of Pathology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85252, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:509-16. 2012..LH and EP are previously unrecognized histopathologic manifestations of ALD, and amiodarone exposure should be included in their differential diagnosis...
- Desquamative interstitial pneumoniaHenry D Tazelaar
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85050, USA
Histopathology 58:509-16. 2011..Although the majority of DIP patients improve on treatment, some patients develop progressive irreversible fibrosis...
- Primary extrapulmonary sugar tumor (PEST): a report of four casesH D Tazelaar
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mod Pathol 14:615-22. 2001....
- Primary monophasic synovial sarcoma of the pleura: five cases confirmed by the presence of SYT-SSX fusion transcriptM C Aubry
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:776-81. 2001..Identification of the synovial sarcoma-specific chimeric transcript (SYT-SSX1 or SYT-SSX2), in conjunction with immunoperoxidase studies, can be extremely helpful in identifying cases of pleural monophasic synovial sarcoma...
- Typical and atypical pulmonary carcinoids : outcome in patients presenting with regional lymph node involvementC F Thomas
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 119:1143-50. 2001..Because these tumors rarely involve the thoracic lymph nodes at presentation, it is currently unknown to what extent the presence of thoracic lymph node metastases at the time of diagnosis influences patient survival...
- DNA mismatch repair genes hMLH1, hMSH2, and hMSH6 are not inactivated in bronchioloalveolar carcinomas of the lungM C Aubry
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 92:2898-901. 2001..Inactivation of hMLH1, hMSH2, and hMSH6 is observed as a loss of expression of these proteins by immunohistochemistry. Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma is a subtype of adenocarcinoma with distinctive clinical and pathologic features...
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia: variable appearance at high-resolution chest CTT E Hartman
Depts of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 217:701-5. 2000..To describe the computed tomographic (CT) findings in patients with nonspecific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP) and to compare these with the CT findings of other chronic infiltrative lung diseases...
- Calcified bicuspid aortic valve mass prolapsing into the left main coronary arteryT Y Goraya
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 75:1081-5. 2000..This potentially catastrophic complication of calcified aortic valves needs to be suspected and recognized in clinical practice...
- Challenges in pulmonary fibrosis: 6--Problematic granulomatous lung diseaseJ L Myers
The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Thorax 63:78-84. 2008..This review focuses on the patterns of granulomatous inflammation that can cause diffuse lung disease, highlighting histopathological features helpful in differential diagnosis...
- Effects of eicosapentaenoic and gamma-linolenic acids (dietary lipids) on pulmonary surfactant composition and function during porcine endotoxemiaM J Murray
Departments of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 117:1720-7. 2000..To investigate whether a diet enriched with fish and borage oils, with their high polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) content, alters surfactant composition and function during endotoxemia...
- Familial pulmonary carcinoid tumorsA M Oliveira
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer 91:2104-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The occurrence of familial pulmonary carcinoid tumors in the absence of MEN1 suggests a novel, rare germline mutation specific to the development of pulmonary carcinoids...
- Metastatic angiosarcoma masquerading as diffuse pulmonary hemorrhage: clinicopathologic analysis of 7 new patientsC Adem
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:1562-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: Angiosarcoma should be included in the differential diagnosis of diffuse pulmonary hemorrhage, especially in young adults...
- Thyroid transcription factor-1 distinguishes metastatic pulmonary from well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors of other sitesA M Oliveira
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:815-9. 2001..These results indicate that TTF-1 is clinically useful in distinguishing metastatic pulmonary from metastatic WDNET of extrapulmonary origin...
- Diffuse pulmonary disease caused by nontuberculous mycobacteria in immunocompetent people (hot tub lung)A Khoor
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 115:755-62. 2001..These findings suggest that disease due to NTM may manifest as diffuse infiltrates in immunocompetent adults and that hot tub use may be an important risk factor for this disease pattern...
- A prospective study of pulmonary function in patients receiving mitomycinM Castro
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
Chest 109:939-44. 1996....
- CT and MR imaging of benign primary cardiac neoplasms with echocardiographic correlationP A Araoz
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiographics 20:1303-19. 2000..Familiarity with these imaging features and with the relative effectiveness of these modalities is essential for prompt diagnosis and effective treatment...
- Polymyositis-dermatomyositis-associated interstitial lung diseaseW W Douglas
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1182-5. 2001..There was no difference in survival between Jo-1 positive and Jo-1 negative groups...
- Outcome of reoperation for aortic valve prosthesis-patient mismatchS E Girard
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:111-4, A9. 2001..5 years and functional class I symptoms in most survivors (73%), we conclude that repeat surgery for isolated P-PM has a relatively low mortality and a good intermediate-term clinical outcome...
- Pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis in a manM C Aubry
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:749-52. 2000..Loss of heterozygosity (LOH) for TSC2 was further demonstrated in the renal angiomyolipoma. Coupled with the results of immunostains, these findings are consistent with TSC2 mutation...
- Pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis presenting as a solitary noduleA Khoor
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:209-11. 2001..Isolated PLCH should be included in the differential diagnosis of unusual solitary pulmonary nodules...
- The effects of CTLA-4Ig on acute lung allograft rejection: a comparison of intrabronchial gene therapy with systemic administration of proteinM M Ugurlu
Department of Surgery, Mayo Transplant Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905
Transplantation 71:1867-71. 2001..CONCLUSION: Local expression of immunomodulatory proteins can be achieved within lung allografts by intrabronchial delivery of adenoviral vector but may not significantly modify acute rejection...
- Oligodendrogliomas: reproducibility and prognostic value of histologic diagnosis and gradingC Giannini
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 60:248-62. 2001..Our study found few factors independently associated with cause specific-survival among morphological parameters. These findings are consistent with the present WHO stratification of oligodendrogliomas into low- and high-grade variants...
- Tryptophan-induced lung disease: an immunophenotypic, immunofluorescent, and electron microscopic studyH D Tazelaar
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Mod Pathol 6:56-60. 1993..The results of this study indicate that T cytotoxic/suppressor cells may be intimately involved in the pathogenesis of the lung injury...
- High short-term mortality following lung biopsy for usual interstitial pneumoniaJ P Utz
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Eur Respir J 17:175-9. 2001....