James H Tabibian
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Sirolimus based immunosuppression is associated with need for early repeat therapeutic ERCP in liver transplant patients with anastomotic biliary strictureJames H Tabibian
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD U S A
Ann Hepatol 12:563-9. 2013..We therefore investigated whether sirolimus use is associated with need for early or emergent repeat therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERC) in LT patients with anastomotic biliary stricture (ABS)...
- Technetium-labeled erythrocyte scintigraphy in acute gastrointestinal bleedingJames H Tabibian
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Colorectal Dis 28:1099-105. 2013..We evaluated our recent experience with and the clinical outcomes of the TRBC scan in patients presenting with acute GI bleeding...
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: a review and update on therapeutic developmentsJames H Tabibian
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:103-14. 2013..The authors herein provide a review of previously tested pharmacologic agents, discuss emerging fundamental concepts and present viewpoints regarding how identifying therapies for PSC may evolve over the next several years...
- Sirolimus may be associated with early recurrence of biliary obstruction in liver transplant patients undergoing endoscopic stenting of biliary stricturesJames H Tabibian
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Hepatol 10:270-6. 2011..We evaluated the relationship between prednisone or sirolimus use and early recurrence of biliary obstruction given their negative effects on collagen production and cholangiocyte regeneration...
- Association between serum IgE level and adverse clinical endpoints in primary sclerosing cholangitisJames H Tabibian
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, Mayo Graduate School, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Hepatol 13:384-9. 2014..Our aim in this study was to determine whether IgE levels predict time to CCA, liver transplantation, or death in a Western (USA-based) cohort of PSC patients...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease across ethno-racial groups: do Asian-American adults represent a new at-risk population?James H Tabibian
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:501-9. 2011..We explored clinical, laboratory, and histological features of NAFLD as well as risk factors for histologically advanced disease among under-represented ethno-racial groups...
- Role of the microbiota and antibiotics in primary sclerosing cholangitisJames H Tabibian
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Sreet SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biomed Res Int 2013:389537. 2013....
- Use of a single-balloon enteroscope compared with variable-stiffness colonoscopes for endoscopic retrograde cholangiography in liver transplant patients with Roux-en-Y biliary anastomosisNabeel Azeem
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 77:568-77. 2013..Endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERC) is technically challenging in liver transplant patients with Roux-en-Y biliary anastomosis. The optimal endoscope for such cases remains unknown...