James R Stubbs
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury, an evolving syndrome: the road of discovery, with emphasis on the role of the Mayo ClinicJames R Stubbs
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Rochester, MN, USA
Transfus Med Rev 25:66-75. 2011..The common thread connecting the Mayo Clinic's descriptions in the 1980s to the more contemporary studies is Dr S. Breanndan Moore. Dr Moore passed away recently, but his crucial work in the area of TRALI lives on...
- Polyethylene glycol antiglobulin tube versus gel microcolumn: influence on the incidence of delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions and delayed serologic transfusion reactionsJeffrey L Winters
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Transfusion 50:1444-52. 2010..In June 2003, a gel microcolumn technique was implemented. Impact of this on antibody detection and DHTR and DSTR incidence was investigated...
- The effect of plasma transfusion on morbidity and mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysisMohammad Hassan Murad
Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, the Division of Preventive Medicine, and the Department of Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Transfusion 50:1370-83. 2010..We systematically reviewed the literature to summarize the available evidence regarding the benefits and harms of plasma transfusion in common clinical settings...
- Perioperative coagulation management--fresh frozen plasmaDaryl J Kor
Department of Anesthesiology Division of Critical Care Medicine Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 24:51-64. 2010..Both provide an opportunity for increasing the safe plasma donor pool. Although prothrombin complex concentrates and factor VIIa may be used as alternatives to FFP in a variety of specific clinical contexts, additional study is needed...
- Alternatives to blood product transfusion in the critically ill: erythropoietinJames R Stubbs
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Crit Care Med 34:S160-9. 2006..To present information regarding the use of recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) to treat anemia in intensive care unit (ICU) patients..