S A Smith
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Increased mortality of patients with diabetes reporting severe hypoglycemiaRozalina G McCoy
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1897-901. 2012..We conducted a retrospective study to determine whether patient self-report of severe hypoglycemia is associated with increased mortality...
- Impact of a diabetes electronic management system on the care of patients seen in a subspecialty diabetes clinicS A Smith
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Diabetes Care 21:972-6. 1998..To compare the compliance with diabetes care performance indicators by diabetes specialists using a diabetes electronic management system (DEMS) and by those using the traditional paper medical record...
- Chronic care model and shared care in diabetes: randomized trial of an electronic decision support systemSteven A Smith
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:747-57. 2008..To assess the effect of a specialist telemedicine intervention for improving diabetes care using the chronic care model (CCM)...
- Improving performance in diabetes care: a multicomponent interventionM A Nyman
Division of Area General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
Eff Clin Pract 3:205-12. 2000..Changing physician practice patterns with provider-focused interventions can be difficult. We report results after implementation of a type 2 diabetes mellitus guideline...
- DEMS - a second generation diabetes electronic management systemC A Gorman
Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 62:127-40. 2000..The system now contains data on over 34000 patients and is in daily use at multiple sites...
- Information systems in diabetes: in search of the holy grail in the era of evidence-based diabetes careV M Montori
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN, USA
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 109:S358-72. 2001..In particular, we describe our experience with the implementation of an electronic diabetes medical record system and specialist overview using telemedicine...
- From artisan to architect: the specialist and systems of provision of diabetes care in 2001V M Montori
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocr Pract 7:287-92. 2001..Endocrinologists and endocrinology training programs should recognize this emerging role and prepare for it...
- Temporal trends in BMI among adults with diabetesC L Leibson
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic Foundation, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Diabetes Care 24:1584-9. 2001..Increasing obesity within the general population has been accompanied by rising rates of diabetes. The extent to which obesity has increased among people with diabetes is unknown, as are the potential consequences for diabetes outcomes...
- Vaccinia virus complement control protein inhibits hyperacute xenorejectionJ B Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Transplant Proc 34:1083-5. 2002