Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchor intermediates associate with triton-insoluble membranes in subcellular compartments that include the endoplasmic reticulumD Sevlever
Department of Research, 4500 San Pablo Road, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Biochem J 343:627-35. 1999..Interestingly, GlcN-PI and H7 were less enriched in ER-TIM than the other GPIs, suggesting that ER-TIMs might reflect a compartmentalization of the GPI-anchor biosynthetic pathway in the ER...
- Differential effect of 1,10-phenanthroline on mammalian, yeast, and parasite glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor synthesisD Sevlever
Department of Neurosciences, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1112-8. 2001..In contrast to mammals and yeast, the synthesis of GPIs in T. brucei is not affected by PNT. Our results indicate that the T. brucei GPI-PET could be a potential target for antiparasitic drugs...
- Cathepsin D is the main lysosomal enzyme involved in the degradation of alpha-synuclein and generation of its carboxy-terminally truncated speciesDaniel Sevlever
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Biochemistry 47:9678-87. 2008..Our findings suggest that upregulation of cathepsin D could be an additional therapeutic strategy to lessen alpha-synuclein burden in synucleinopathies...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 contributes to brain extravasation and edema in fulminant hepatic failure miceJustin H Nguyen
Department of Transplantation, Division of Transplant Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4205 Belfort Road, Suite 1100, Jacksonville, FL 32216, USA
J Hepatol 44:1105-14. 2006..Mechanisms of brain extravasation leading to brain edema remain incompletely understood. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 is implicated in various brain injuries. We hypothesized that MMP-9 contributes to brain edema in FHF...
- Oxidative stress-induced phosphorylation, degradation and aggregation of alpha-synuclein are linked to upregulated CK2 and cathepsin DMakio Takahashi
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Eur J Neurosci 26:863-74. 2007..Our results indicate that alpha-Syn phosphorylation caused by FeCl2 is due to CK2 upregulation, and that lysosomal proteases may have a role in producing truncated alpha-Syn for oligomer assembly...
- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins play an important role in the biogenesis of the Alzheimer's amyloid beta-proteinK Sambamurti
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Biol Chem 274:26810-4. 1999..The cell-surface GPI-anchored protein(s) involved in Abeta biogenesis may be excellent therapeutic target(s) in Alzheimer's disease...
- Altered expression of zonula occludens-2 precedes increased blood-brain barrier permeability in a murine model of fulminant hepatic failureNaoki Shimojima
Department of Transplantation, Division of Transplant Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL 32216, USA
J Invest Surg 21:101-8. 2008..Significant alterations in ZO-2 expression and distribution in the tight junctions preceded the increased BBB permeability in FHF mice. These results suggest that ZO-2 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of brain edema in FHF...
- METABOLISM AND TRANSPORT OF MAMMALIAN GPISDaniel Sevlever; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide a better understanding of the role played by compart-mentalization on the regulation of the GPI pathway. ..
- Role of Complement in Alzheimer's DiseaseDaniel Sevlever; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since certain inflammation responses can be detrimental while others can be beneficial, modulation of complement activation may be one therapeutic approach for the treatment of AD. ..