P D Scanlon
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Smoking cessation and lung function in mild-to-moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The Lung Health StudyP D Scanlon
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:381-90. 2000..Respiratory symptoms were not predictive of changes in lung function. Smokers with airflow obstruction benefit from quitting despite previous heavy smoking, advanced age, poor baseline lung function, or airway hyperresponsiveness...
- Bronchoconstriction occurring during exercise in asthmatic subjectsK C Beck
Division of Thoracic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 149:352-7. 1994..05), although changes in PEF were minimal and were not significantly different compared with pre-exercise.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Airway obstruction and perioperative complications in smokers undergoing abdominal surgeryD O Warner
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Anesthesiology 90:372-9. 1999....
- Regulation of ventilatory capacity during exercise in asthmaticsB D Johnson
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Appl Physiol 79:892-901. 1995..The variations in VECap are due in part to a more labile MEFV curve secondary to changes in bronchomotor tone. Asthmatics defend VECap and minimize flow limitation by increasing EELV...
- Pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect and persistent airway hyperresponsivenessM J Ackerman
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Eugenio Litta Children s Hospital, Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 122:169-77. 2001..This study sought to objectively characterize this problem and determine the prevalence of airway hyperresponsiveness in these patients...
- Obstructive lung diseases: COPD, asthma, and many imitatorsJ H Ryu
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:1144-53. 2001..We describe the heterogeneous spectrum of disorders that can present with evidence of airflow obstruction and outline a diagnostic approach to obstructive lung disease...