Guergana K Savova
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Mayo clinic NLP system for patient smoking status identificationGuergana K Savova
Biomedical Informatics Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:25-8. 2008..Our general medical natural language engine is easily adaptable to a real-world medical informatics application. Some of the limitations as applied to the use-case are negation detection and temporal resolution...
- Word sense disambiguation across two domains: biomedical literature and clinical notesGuergana K Savova
Division of Biomedical Informatics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 150 Third Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
J Biomed Inform 41:1088-100. 2008..Experimentation with 28 different feature sets rendered a system achieving an average F-score of 0.82 on the clinical data and 0.86 on the biomedical literature...
- Mayo clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System (cTAKES): architecture, component evaluation and applicationsGuergana K Savova
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:507-13. 2010..859, and 0.580, 0.939, and 0.839, respectively. Overall performance is discussed against five applications. The cTAKES annotations are the foundation for methods and modules for higher-level semantic processing of clinical free-text...
- Automated discovery of drug treatment patterns for endocrine therapy of breast cancer within an electronic medical recordGuergana K Savova
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:e83-9. 2012....
- The SHARPn project on secondary use of Electronic Medical Record data: progress, plans, and possibilitiesChristopher G Chute
Mayo Clinic, Dept Health Sciences Research, Rochester, MN, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2011:248-56. 2011..The project is one of the four Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Projects (SHARP) projects funded by the Office of the National Coordinator in 2010...
- Drug side effect extraction from clinical narratives of psychiatry and psychology patientsSunghwan Sohn
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:i144-9. 2011..To extract physician-asserted drug side effects from electronic medical record clinical narratives...
- Leveraging informatics for genetic studies: use of the electronic medical record to enable a genome-wide association study of peripheral arterial diseaseIftikhar J Kullo
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:568-74. 2010..There is significant interest in leveraging the electronic medical record (EMR) to conduct genome-wide association studies (GWAS)...
- A common type system for clinical natural language processingStephen T Wu
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Rochester, MN, USA
J Biomed Semantics 4:1. 2013..abstract:..
- Mayo clinic smoking status classification system: extensions and improvementsSunghwan Sohn
Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2009:619-23. 2009..This reusability minimized the development effort. The extended system is in use to identify smoking status risk factors for a peripheral artery disease NHGRI study...
- Anaphoric reference in clinical reports: characteristics of an annotated corpusWendy W Chapman
Division of Biomedical Informatics, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gillman Drive 0505, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Biomed Inform 45:507-21. 2012..We annotated a set of 180 clinical reports (surgical pathology, radiology, discharge summaries, and emergency department) from two institutions to indicate all anaphor-antecedent pairs...
- Classification of medication status change in clinical narrativesSunghwan Sohn
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2010:762-6. 2010..We also examined the impact of balancing training data in machine learning classification when using the data from skewed class distribution...
- Discerning tumor status from unstructured MRI reports--completeness of information in existing reports and utility of automated natural language processingLionel T E Cheng
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Digit Imaging 23:119-32. 2010..NLP demonstrated good accuracy for tumor status classification and may have novel application for automated disease status classification from electronic databases...
- A term extraction tool for expanding content in the domain of functioning, disability, and health: proof of conceptMarcelline R Harris
Department of Health Services Research, Division of Medical Informatics Research, Mayo Clinic, Harwick 8 31, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Biomed Inform 36:250-9. 2003....