Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Abouezzeddine O, French B, Mirzoyev S, Jaffe A, Levy W, Fang J, et al. From statistical significance to clinical relevance: A simple algorithm to integrate brain natriuretic peptide and the Seattle Heart Failure Model for risk stratification in heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016;35:714-21 pubmed publisher..The simple SHFM+BNP algorithm displays stable performance across diverse HFrEF cohorts and may enhance risk stratification to enable appropriate decision-making regarding HF therapeutic or palliative strategies. ..
- Abouezzeddine O, McKie P, Dunlay S, Stevens S, Felker G, Borlaug B, et al. Suppression of Tumorigenicity 2 in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ST2 may be a marker of systemic inflammation in HFpEF and potentially of extracardiac origin. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00763867. ..
- Snipelisky D, Kelly J, Levine J, Koepp G, Anstrom K, McNulty S, et al. Accelerometer-Measured Daily Activity in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Clinical Correlates and Association With Standard Heart Failure Severity Indices. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10:e003878 pubmed publisher..URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/. Unique identifier: NCT02053493. ..
- Chaanine A, Kohlbrenner E, Gamb S, Guenzel A, Klaus K, Fayyaz A, et al. FOXO3a regulates BNIP3 and modulates mitochondrial calcium, dynamics, and function in cardiac stress. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2016;311:H1540-H1559 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role of FOXO3a in HF, making it an attractive potential therapeutic target. ..
- Win S, Hussain I, Hebl V, Dunlay S, Redfield M. Inpatient Mortality Risk Scores and Postdischarge Events in Hospitalized Heart Failure Patients: A Community-Based Study. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..0001 for all). The simple ADHERE and GWTG scores stratify hospitalized HF patients for both inpatient and early postdischarge mortality risk, allowing comprehensive risk assessment on admission. ..
- Fayyaz A, Edwards W, Maleszewski J, Konik E, DuBrock H, Borlaug B, et al. Global Pulmonary Vascular Remodeling in Pulmonary Hypertension Associated With Heart Failure and Preserved or Reduced Ejection Fraction. Circulation. 2018;137:1796-1810 pubmed publisher..These findings expand our understanding of the pathobiology of PH in HF. ..