Mathew A Rank
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Outcomes of stepping down asthma medications in a guideline-based pediatric asthma management programMatthew A Rank
Division of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona Electronic address
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 110:354-358.e2. 2013..Little is known about outcomes after stepping down asthma medications within an asthma management program...
- The risk of asthma exacerbation after stopping low-dose inhaled corticosteroids: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMatthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 131:724-9. 2013..Current asthma guidelines suggest that patients and their providers consider decreasing or stopping controller medications when asthma is stable...
- Asthma expenditures in the United States comparing 2004 to 2006 and 1996 to 1998Matthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:499-504. 2012..To describe how the types of healthcare expenditures for patients with asthma have changed over the past decade...
- Pretests or advance organizers for Web-based allergy-immunology medical education? A randomized controlled trialMatthew A Rank
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 33:191-6. 2012..0001). Introducing Web-based allergy education with PT questions or an AO resulted in similar posttest scores. Posttest scores in the PT group improved significantly compared with PT scores...
- The impact of asthma medication guidelines on asthma controller use and on asthma exacerbation rates comparing 1997-1998 and 2004-2005Matthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Olmsted Medical Center, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 108:9-13. 2012..The relationship between asthma controller medication use and exacerbation rates over time is unclear at the population level...
- A 38-year-old woman with dyspnea and wheezing following exercise despite asthma therapyMatthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 132:351-3. 2007
- Allergen immunotherapy safety: characterizing systemic reactions and identifying risk factorsMathew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:400-5. 2008..However, a high percentage of SRs occurred >30 minutes after the injection, and many of these SRs required epinephrine. This study was unable to identify specific risk factors that predict SRs to AIT...
- Trigger recognition and management in poorly controlled asthmaticsMatthew A Rank
Division of Allergic Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 31:99-105. 2010..Future interventions for improving asthma trigger management should be targeted to routine asthma outpatient visits, where trigger avoidance advice is infrequent and rarely addressed in follow-up visits...