Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Pretreatment quality of life is an independent prognostic factor for overall survival in patients with advanced stage non-small cell lung cancerYingwei Qi
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:1075-82. 2009..We conducted this pooled analysis to assess the prognostic value of pretreatment Quality of Life (QOL) assessments on overall survival (OS) in advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- The purported effects of alcohol on appetite and weight in lung cancer patientsAminah Jatoi
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Nutr Cancer 63:1251-5. 2011..This report suggests a need for further study of alcohol as a palliative agent for cancer-associated loss of appetite and weight...
- Impact of disease progression date determination on progression-free survival estimates in advanced lung cancerYingwei Qi
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer 118:5358-65. 2012..Because progression-free survival (PFS)-based endpoints are controversial, the authors evaluated the impact of the progression date (PD) determination approach on PFS estimates...
- Effect of cigarette smoking on quality of life in small cell lung cancer patientsJun Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Dalian Medical University, 467 Zhongshan Road, ShaHeKou District, Dalian 116023, PR China
Eur J Cancer 48:1593-601. 2012..In this study, we sought to evaluate the relationship between cigarette smoking and QOL profiles in SCLC patients...
- Endpoints in phase II trials for advanced non-small cell lung cancerSumithra J Mandrekar
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:3-9. 2010....
- Tumor response and progression-free survival as potential surrogate endpoints for overall survival in extensive stage small-cell lung cancer: findings on the basis of North Central Cancer Treatment Group trialsNathan R Foster
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Cancer 117:1262-71. 2011....
- The cancer anorexia/weight loss syndrome: exploring associations with single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of inflammatory cytokines in patients with non-small cell lung cancerAminah Jatoi
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Support Care Cancer 18:1299-304. 2010....
- Phase I dose escalation study of the PKCι inhibitor aurothiomalate for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer, ovarian cancer, and pancreatic cancerAaron S Mansfield
aDepartment of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota bDepartment of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida cDepartment of Internal Medicine, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland dDepartment of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
Anticancer Drugs 24:1079-83. 2013..In summary, this phase I study was successful in identifying ATM 50 mg intramuscularly weekly as the MTD. Future clinical investigations targeting PKCι are currently in progress...