Laurie J Pencille
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The Chest Pain Choice trial: a pilot randomized trial of a decision aid for patients with chest pain in the emergency departmentMeghan A Pierce
Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Trials 11:57. 2010..The aims of this study are (1) to develop a decision aid (CHEST PAIN CHOICE) that communicates the short-term risk of ACS and (2) to evaluate the impact of the decision aid on patient participation in decision-making and resource use...
- Protocol for the Osteoporosis Choice trial. A pilot randomized trial of a decision aid in primary care practiceLaurie J Pencille
Knowledge and Encounter Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Trials 10:113. 2009..e., absence of contamination) of patient-level randomization (vs. cluster randomization) in pilot trials of decision aid efficacy...
- The chest pain choice decision aid: a randomized trialErik P Hess
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:251-9. 2012..We judged it unlikely that patient preferences were driving the decision to obtain stress testing...
- Use of a decision aid to improve treatment decisions in osteoporosis: the osteoporosis choice randomized trialVictor M Montori
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Med 124:549-56. 2011..Poor adherence to therapy, perhaps related to unaddressed patient preferences, limits the effectiveness of osteoporosis treatment in at-risk women. A parallel patient-level randomized trial in primary care practices was performed...
- The impact of decision aids to enhance shared decision making for diabetes (the DAD study): protocol of a cluster randomized trialAnnie Leblanc
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:130. 2012..In addition, we propose to identify, describe, and explain factors that promote or inhibit the routine embedding of decision aids in practice...