Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Localization of genes involved in the metabolic syndrome using multivariate linkage analysisCurtis Olswold
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
BMC Genet 4:S57. 2003..This analysis demonstrates the applicability of using multivariate linkage analysis and how its use increases the power to detect linkage when genes are involved in the same disease mechanism...
- Genome-wide association study identifies 25 known breast cancer susceptibility loci as risk factors for triple-negative breast cancerKristen S Purrington
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Carcinogenesis 35:1012-9. 2014..03, 95% confidence interval 3.46-4.70, P = 4.8 × 10(-) (69)). This translates to an absolute risk for TN breast cancer ranging from 0.8% to 3.4%, suggesting that genetic variation may be used for TN breast cancer risk prediction. ..
- Inherited mutations in 17 breast cancer susceptibility genes among a large triple-negative breast cancer cohort unselected for family history of breast cancerFergus J Couch
Fergus J Couch, Steven N Hart, Xianshu Wang, Janet E Olson, Vernon S Pankratz, Curtis Olswold, Seth Slettedahl, Emily Hallberg, Lucia Guidugli, Jaime Davila, Susan L Slager, and Celine M Vachon, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Priyanka Sharma, Andrew K Godwin, and Jennifer Klemp, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS Amanda Ewart Toland, Robert Pilarski, and Charles L Shapiro, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Penelope Miron and Judy Garber, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Matthias W Beckmann, Arif B Ekici, and Peter A Fasching, University Hospital Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen Wolfgang Janni, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm Brigitte Rack, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 33:304-11. 2015....
- Comparison of longitudinal variance components and regression-based approaches for linkage detection on chromosome 17 for systolic blood pressureMariza de Andrade
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, SW, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
BMC Genet 4:S17. 2003..No evidence of linkage was found either using the VC longitudinal approach or the regression-based approach, except when all time points were used from Cohorts 1 and 2 and only subjects aged 25 and 75 years were included...
- Genome-wide association study in BRCA1 mutation carriers identifies novel loci associated with breast and ovarian cancer riskFergus J Couch
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, and Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003212. 2013..Such differences in risk may have important implications for risk prediction and clinical management for BRCA1 carriers...
- Risk of malignancy in first-degree relatives of patients with pancreatic carcinomaRobert R McWilliams
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 104:388-94. 2005..Counseling the families of PC patients regarding their risk of cancer remains problematic because little information is available...
- Common breast cancer susceptibility loci are associated with triple-negative breast cancerKristen N Stevens
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 71:6240-9. 2011..1), and rs8100241 (19p13.1), significantly associated with the risk of triple-negative breast cancer. Together, our results provide convincing evidence of genetic susceptibility for triple-negative breast cancer...