Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The liver in celiac disease: clinical manifestations, histologic features, and response to gluten-free diet in 30 patientsTaofic Mounajjed
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 136:128-37. 2011..We propose that AILD and cryptogenic hepatitis in patients with CD represent distinct clinical, histologic, and immunohistochemical entities rather than 2 ends of a spectrum of liver injury...
- Clinical associations of hepatic stellate cell (HSC) hyperplasiaTaofic Mounajjed
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Hilton 11, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Virchows Arch 465:57-65. 2014..Associated conditions include drug toxicity (such as niacin), post-liver transplant setting, reactive hepatitis (due to systemic illness or inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal tract), and chronic liver disease. ..
- Glypican-3 expression in gastrointestinal and pancreatic epithelial neoplasmsTaofic Mounajjed
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Pathol 44:542-50. 2013..As these tumors commonly metastasize to the liver, this offers a potential pitfall in differentiating between HCC and metastatic carcinoma when evaluating tumors involving the liver...
- Revisiting the topic of histochemically detectable copper in various liver diseases with special focus on venous outflow impairmentTaofic Mounajjed
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 139:79-86. 2013..In contrast, rhodanine positivity is nonspecific in cirrhosis, but the absence of copper in that setting excludes CBD...
- Telangiectatic variant of hepatic adenoma: clinicopathologic features and correlation between liver needle biopsy and resectionTaofic Mounajjed
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:1356-63. 2011..No needle biopsy of a THA was misdiagnosed as FNH. Although evaluation of resection specimens is the gold standard for diagnosis of THA, liver needle biopsy is a useful diagnostic tool that leads to adequate treatment...