H L Melrose
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- LRRK2 and ubiquitination: implications for kinase inhibitor therapyHeather L Melrose
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, U S A
Biochem J 470:e21-4. 2015..Albeit negative from a kinase inhibitor standpoint, the data open new avenues for LRRK2 biology and therapeutic approaches to counteract LRRK2 toxicity. ..
- Update on the functional biology of Lrrk2Heather Melrose
Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, Neurogenetics Laboratories, Birdsall Bldg, Mayo Clinic, Department of Neuroscience, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA, Tel 1 904 953 0158
Future Neurol 3:669-681. 2008..This review aims to highlight the research effort concentrated on elucidating the functional biological role of Lrrk2, and to provide some future therapeutic perspectives...
- LRRK2 knockout mice have an intact dopaminergic system but display alterations in exploratory and motor co-ordination behaviorsKelly M Hinkle
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Mol Neurodegener 7:25. 2012..Finally, we confirm that loss of LRRK2 caused degeneration in the kidney, accompanied by a progressive enhancement of autophagic activity and accumulation of autofluorescent material, but without evidence of biphasic changes...
- ER stress response plays an important role in aggregation of α-synucleinPeizhou Jiang
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Mol Neurodegener 5:56. 2010..These drugs have been demonstrated to protect cells transiently overexpressing α-synuclein from its toxicity...
- In vivo silencing of alpha-synuclein using naked siRNAJada Lewis
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mol Neurodegener 3:19. 2008..Genetic variability in SNCA contributes to risk of idiopathic Parkinson's disease (PD), possibly as a result of overexpression. SNCA downregulation is therefore a valid therapeutic target for PD...
- Anatomical localization of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 in mouse brainH Melrose
Department of Neuroscience, Genetics of Parkinsonism and Related Disorders, Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, Birdsall Building, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neuroscience 139:791-4. 2006..Consistent with a role LRRK2 in Parkinson's disease, dysfunction of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 protein in dopamine-innervated areas may to lead to altered dopaminergic neurotransmission and degeneration of the nigro-striatal pathway...
- A comparative analysis of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (Lrrk2) expression in mouse brain and Lewy body diseaseH L Melrose
Molecular Genetics Laboratory and Core, Morris K Udall Parkinson s Disease Research Center of Excellence, Mayo Clinic, Department of Neuroscience, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neuroscience 147:1047-58. 2007..A role for Lrrk2 in neurogenesis might provide further insight into the aberrant role of mutant protein in age-associated neurodegeneration with pleomorphic pathology...
- Impaired dopaminergic neurotransmission and microtubule-associated protein tau alterations in human LRRK2 transgenic miceH L Melrose
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neurobiol Dis 40:503-17. 2010..We hypothesize that Lrrk2 may impact on tau processing which subsequently leads to increased phosphorylation. Our models will be useful for further understanding of the mechanistic actions of LRRK2 and future therapeutic screening...
- Progressive dopaminergic alterations and mitochondrial abnormalities in LRRK2 G2019S knock-in miceM Yue
Dept of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville FL 32224, USA
Neurobiol Dis 78:172-95. 2015..We anticipate that this G2019S mouse line will be a useful pre-clinical model for further evaluation of early mechanistic events in LRRK2 pathogenesis and for second-hit approaches to model disease progression...