Thomas R Meier
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Prophylactic P-selectin inhibition with PSI-421 promotes resolution of venous thrombosis without anticoagulationThomas R Meier
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:343-51. 2008..This study is the first to demonstrate a reduction in MPTFA associated with vein reopening and reduced vein inflammation due to oral P-selectin inhibition in a baboon model of DVT...
- Quantification, distribution, and possible source of bacterial biofilm in mouse automated watering systemsThomas R Meier
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47:63-70. 2008..Bacterial biofilm distribution was not significantly different across location quartiles of the rack manifold, but bacterial levels differed between the shelf pipe and connecting elbow pipes...
- Resolution of venous thrombosis using a novel oral small-molecule inhibitor of P-selectin (PSI-697) without anticoagulationDaniel D Myers
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, 2Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine and 3Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0654, USA
Thromb Haemost 97:400-7. 2007..01). This study is the first to demonstrate the effectiveness of oral P-selectin inhibition to modify venous thrombogenesis, increase vein lumen opening, and decrease inflammation in a large animal model...
- Treatment with an oral small molecule inhibitor of P selectin (PSI-697) decreases vein wall injury in a rat stenosis model of venous thrombosisDaniel D Myers
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109 0654, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:625-32. 2006....
- Dose-dependent thrombus resolution due to oral plaminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 inhibition with tiplaxtinin in a rat stenosis model of venous thrombosisSanjiv Baxi
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0654, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:749-58. 2008..05). This is the first study to demonstrate dose related effects of PAI-039 on increasing thrombus resolution and inferior vena cava blood flow without adverse effects on anti-coagulation in a rat stenosis model of venous thrombosis...
- Gangrenous Clostridium perfringens infection and subsequent wound management in a rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta)Thomas R Meier
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 46:68-73. 2007..This case study is the first report of Clostridium perfringens myonecrosis in a laboratory nonhuman primate. We discuss various methodologies for the diagnosis and treatment of necrotizing clostridial infections...