Jennifer Blair McCormick
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The stem-cell century a new epoch and fresh challengesJennifer B McCormick
Bioethics Research, Mayo Clinic and College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Perspect Biol Med 52:126-33. 2009..We review Russell Korobkin's Stem Cell Century in the context of recent additions to the literature on stem-cell research and policy...
- Challenges in translational research: the views of addiction scientistsJenny E Ostergren
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93482. 2014..To explore scientists' perspectives on the challenges and pressures of translating research findings into clinical practice and public health policy...
- Improving understanding in the research informed consent process: a systematic review of 54 interventions tested in randomized control trialsAdam Nishimura
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Med Ethics 14:28. 2013..Obtaining informed consent is a cornerstone of biomedical research, yet participants comprehension of presented information is often low. The most effective interventions to improve understanding rates have not been identified...
- The establishment of research ethics consultation services (RECS): an emerging research resourceJennifer B McCormick
Departments of Medicine and Health Sciences Research and Center for Translational Science Activities, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Transl Sci 6:40-4. 2013..Further data about the issues raised by requestors and the recommendations provided are necessary to build a community of scholars who can navigate and resolve ethical issues encountered along the translational research pathway...
- Experiences of patients with chronic gastrointestinal conditions: in their own wordsJennifer B McCormick
Division of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:25. 2012..The symptoms are well-documented and can be debilitating. How these chronic gastrointestinal (GI) conditions impact the daily lives of those afflicted is not well documented, especially from a patient's perspective...
- Stem cells and ethics: current issuesJennifer Blair McCormick
Departments of Medicine and Health Sciences Research, Bioethics Research Group, Mayo Clinic and College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 3:122-7. 2010..The social, ethical, and policy considerations embedded within this area of research also require a large amount of attention and deliberation so that the scientific progress is able to successfully continue without social backlash...