Nisha J Manek
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The association of body mass index and osteoarthritis of the knee joint: an examination of genetic and environmental influencesNisha J Manek
Twin Research and Genetic Epidemiology Unit, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 48:1024-9. 2003..To examine the genetic and environmental influences on the known association between body mass index (BMI) and knee osteoarthritis (OA), using adult twin data...
- Epidemiology of back disorders: prevalence, risk factors, and prognosisNisha J Manek
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:134-40. 2005....
- Primary Raynaud phenomenon and small-fiber neuropathy: is there a connection? A pilot neurophysiologic studyNisha J Manek
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Rheumatol Int 31:577-85. 2011..The presence of SFN raises the possibility that a subset of patients with primary RP have an underlying, subclinical small-fiber dysfunction. These data open new avenues of research and therapeutics for this common condition...
- What rheumatologists in the United States think of complementary and alternative medicine: results of a national surveyNisha J Manek
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 10:5. 2010..We wanted to determine whether rheumatologists' perceptions of the efficacy of CAM therapies and their willingness to recommend them relate to their demographic characteristics, geographic location, or clinical practices...
- A new perspective on "the placebo effect": untangling the entanglementNisha J Manek
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Hypotheses 77:614-9. 2011..Thus, the placebo becomes information entangled with the other subsystems in the overall experiment, including the treatment, and the end result is that the treatment and the placebo may behave in a very similar fashion...
- Impact of FUTON and NAA bias on visibility of researchNarayana S Murali
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1001-6. 2004..Failure to consider this bias may affect a journal's impact factor. Also, it could limit consideration of medical literature by ignoring relevant NAA articles and thereby influence medical education akin to publication or language bias...