John B Leslie
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Alvimopan for the management of postoperative ileusJohn B Leslie
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Hospital, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 5404, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1502-10. 2005..To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, safety, dosage, and administration of alvimopan, a peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist, in the management of postoperative ileus (POI)...
- Meta-analysis of the safety of 5-HT3 antagonists with dexamethasone or droperidol for prevention of PONVJohn B Leslie
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 5404, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:856-72. 2006..Physicians have been reluctant to employ these guidelines due to concerns over the black-box warning of droperidol and safety concerns with a steroid...
- Alvimopan: a peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonistJohn B Leslie
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 43:611-25. 2007..Alvimopan may provide clinically meaningful benefits to patients and may lower the economic burden of POI to the healthcare system...
- Peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonists and postoperative ileus: mechanisms of action and clinical applicabilityEugene R Viscusi
Department of Anesthesiology, Acute Pain Management Service, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 111 S 11th St, Suite G 8490, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Anesth Analg 108:1811-22. 2009..Finally, the role of anesthesiologists in managing POI in the context of a multimodal approach is discussed...
- Anesthetic Routines: The Anesthesiologist's Role in GI Recovery and Postoperative IleusJohn B Leslie
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259 5404, USA
Adv Prev Med 2011:976904. 2011....
- The role of neurokinin-1 receptor antagonists for the management of postoperative nausea and vomitingChristian C Apfel
Perioperative Clinical Research Core, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21:427-32. 2008..To review the characteristics of neurokinin-1 receptor antagonists and their potential role in the management of postoperative nausea and vomiting...