Nathan K Lebrasseur
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Postnatal PPARdelta activation and myostatin inhibition exert distinct yet complimentary effects on the metabolic profile of obese insulin-resistant miceBarbara L Bernardo
Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11307. 2010....
- Skeletal muscle mass is associated with bone geometry and microstructure and serum insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 levels in adult women and menNathan K Lebrasseur
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:2159-69. 2012..Collectively, these data add to the growing body of evidence supporting the highly-integrated nature of skeletal muscle and bone, and provide new insights into potential biomarkers that reflect the health of the musculoskeletal system...
- Metabolic benefits of resistance training and fast glycolytic skeletal muscleNathan K Lebrasseur
Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E3-10. 2011....
- Building muscle, browning fat and preventing obesity by inhibiting myostatinN K Lebrasseur
Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Diabetologia 55:13-7. 2012..Herein, these data, areas in need of further investigation and the evidence that implicates myostatin as a target for obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus are discussed...
- Myostatin inhibition enhances the effects of exercise on performance and metabolic outcomes in aged miceNathan K Lebrasseur
Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Eastern Point Road, MS 8220 3001, Groton, CT 06340, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:940-8. 2009..The data suggest that the combination of exercise training and myostatin blockade may significantly improve physical function and whole-body metabolism in older individuals...
- Clearance of p16Ink4a-positive senescent cells delays ageing-associated disordersDarren J Baker
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Nature 479:232-6. 2011..These data indicate that cellular senescence is causally implicated in generating age-related phenotypes and that removal of senescent cells can prevent or delay tissue dysfunction and extend healthspan...
- Myostatin and sarcopenia: opportunities and challenges - a mini-reviewThomas A White
Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
Gerontology 60:289-93. 2014..The complex biology of myostatin, the promise of myostatin inhibition as an effective means to counter sarcopenia, and the challenges facing its clinical translation are reviewed herein. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Liver-specific GH receptor gene-disrupted (LiGHRKO) mice have decreased endocrine IGF-I, increased local IGF-I, and altered body size, body composition, and adipokine profilesEdward O List
Edison Biotechnology Institute E O L, D E B, K F, A J, B K, E A J, W Z, J J K, Department of Specialty Medicine, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine E O L, School of Applied Health Sciences and Wellness D E B, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine D E B, A J, J J K, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701 2942 Department of Internal Medicine F W, A B, Geriatrics Research, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9628 Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging M B S, T A W, N K L, T P, T T, J L K, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905 0002 College of Medicine, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences X Z, M M M, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Division of Respiratory Medicine
Endocrinology 155:1793-805. 2014..Furthermore, our data suggest that novel GH-dependent cross talk between liver and adipose is important for regulation of adipokines in vivo. ..
- Physiologic and metabolic safety of butyrylcholinesterase gene therapy in miceVishakantha Murthy
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA Robert and Arlene Kogod Center on Aging, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 32:4155-62. 2014..Hence, viral gene transfer of BChE appears benign and worth exploring as a therapy for cocaine abuse and possibly other disorders as well. ..