Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- What is preventable harm in healthcare? A systematic review of definitionsMohammed Nabhan
Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:128. 2012..A standardized and clear definition of preventable harm is the first step towards safer and more efficient healthcare delivery system. We aimed to summarize the definitions of preventable harm and its conceptualization in healthcare...
- Translating comparative effectiveness of depression medications into practice by comparing the depression medication choice decision aid to usual care: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialAnnie Leblanc
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Trials 14:127. 2013..Decision aids can adapt this evidence to help patients participate in making informed choices. In turn, antidepressant therapy will more likely reflect patients' values and context, leading to improved adherence and mood outcomes...
- Training family physicians and residents in family medicine in shared decision making to improve clinical decisions regarding the use of antibiotics for acute respiratory infections: protocol for a clustered randomized controlled trialFrance Legare
Research Center of Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Hospital St François D Assise, Knowledge Transfer and Health Technology Assessment Research Group, 10 Espinay, Quebec, QC, G1L 3L5, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 12:3. 2011....
- Shared decision making for patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized trial in primary careMegan E Branda
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 13:301. 2013..Patient-centered diabetes care requires shared decision making (SDM). Decision aids promote SDM, but their efficacy in nonacademic and rural primary care clinics is unclear...
- Lessons learned from the conduct of a multisite cluster randomized practical trial of decision aids in rural and suburban primary care practicesKari L Ruud
Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Trials 14:267. 2013....
- The impact of decision aids to enhance shared decision making for diabetes (the DAD study): protocol of a cluster randomized trialAnnie Leblanc
Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:130. 2012..In addition, we propose to identify, describe, and explain factors that promote or inhibit the routine embedding of decision aids in practice...
- Shared decision making in patients with stable coronary artery disease: PCI choiceMegan Coylewright
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e49827. 2012....
- Study protocol: a systematic review of pediatric shared decision makingKirk D Wyatt
Knowledge and Evaluation Research KER Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Syst Rev 2:48. 2013..However, little is known about the nature of pediatric-specific shared decision making interventions and their impact...