Deanne T Kashiwagi
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Mentoring programs for physicians in academic medicine: a systematic reviewDeanne T Kashiwagi
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Acad Med 88:1029-37. 2013....
- Do timely outpatient follow-up visits decrease hospital readmission rates?Deanne T Kashiwagi
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:11-5. 2012..75). The timing of postdischarge follow-up did not affect readmissions. Further research is needed to determine such factors and to prospectively study time to outpatient follow-up after discharge and the decrease in readmission rates...
- A clinical deterioration prediction tool for internal medicine patientsLisa L Kirkland
Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Med Qual 28:135-42. 2013..This tool created using routinely collected clinical measurements can serve as a very early warning system for hospitalized medical patients...
- Nutrition in the hospitalized patientLisa L Kirkland
Division of Hospital Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55960, USA
J Hosp Med 8:52-8. 2013..As with all other aspects of discharge, it is the hospitalist's role to assure smooth transition of the nutrition care plan to an outpatient setting...
- Gaining efficiency and satisfaction in the handoff processM Caroline Burton
Division of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Hosp Med 5:547-52. 2010..Most studies in the literature regard physicians-in-training. We studied the morning handoff process of hospitalist teams comprised of staff physicians and nurse practitioner and/or physician assistants...
- The Charlson Comorbidity Index Score as a predictor of 30-day mortality after hip fracture surgeryLisa L Kirkland
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Med Qual 26:461-7. 2011..Advanced age, low BMI, and high CCI can be identified prospectively and are independently associated with postoperative 30-day mortality in older, chronically ill patients...
- Multiple admissions for alcohol withdrawalScott A Larson
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Hosp Med 7:617-21. 2012..The objective was to identify risk factors for multiple admissions for alcohol withdrawal syndrome (AWS) in patients admitted to a general medicine service...