Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Barnes J, Harvey R, Zuk S, Lundt E, Lesnick T, Gunter J, et al. Aortic hemodynamics and white matter hyperintensities in normotensive postmenopausal women. J Neurol. 2017;264:938-945 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that assessing aortic hemodynamics may identify individuals at risk for accelerated development of WMH and guide early treatment to reduce WMH burden and cognitive impairment in the future. ..
- Sarro L, Senjem M, Lundt E, Przybelski S, Lesnick T, Graff Radford J, et al. Amyloid-Î² deposition and regional grey matter atrophy rates in dementia with Lewy bodies. Brain. 2016;139:2740-2750 pubmed..Furthermore, higher amyloid-Î² deposition at baseline predicts a faster clinical decline over time in patients with probable dementia with Lewy bodies. ..
- Sarro L, Tosakulwong N, Schwarz C, Graff Radford J, Przybelski S, Lesnick T, et al. An investigation of cerebrovascular lesions in dementia with Lewy bodies compared to Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement. 2017;13:257-266 pubmed publisher..Frequency of infarcts in DLB was not different from CN and AD dementia. In DLB, WMH volume is higher than AD and CN and appears to be primarily associated with history of vascular disease. ..
- Kantarci K, Lesnick T, Ferman T, Przybelski S, Boeve B, Smith G, et al. Hippocampal volumes predict risk of dementia with Lewy bodies in mild cognitive impairment. Neurology. 2016;87:2317-2323 pubmed..Preservation of HV may support prodromal DLB over AD, particularly in patients with MCI with nonamnestic features. ..
- Graff Radford J, Murray M, Lowe V, Boeve B, Ferman T, Przybelski S, et al. Dementia with Lewy bodies: basis of cingulate island sign. Neurology. 2014;83:801-9 pubmed publisher..Identifying biomarkers that measure relative contributions of underlying pathologies to dementia is critical as neurotherapeutics move toward targeted treatments. ..
- Kantarci K, Tosakulwong N, Lesnick T, Zuk S, Gunter J, Gleason C, et al. Effects of hormone therapy on brain structure: A randomized controlled trial. Neurology. 2016;87:887-96 pubmed publisher..This study provides Class I evidence that brain ventricular volume increased to a greater extent in recently menopausal women who received oral CEE compared to placebo. ..
- Kantarci K, Ferman T, Boeve B, Weigand S, Przybelski S, Vemuri P, et al. Focal atrophy on MRI and neuropathologic classification of dementia with Lewy bodies. Neurology. 2012;79:553-60 pubmed publisher..To determine the association between the focal atrophy measures on antemortem MRI and postmortem neuropathologic classification of dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) using the Third Report of the DLB Consortium criteria...
- Kantarci K, Lowe V, Boeve B, Weigand S, Senjem M, Przybelski S, et al. Multimodality imaging characteristics of dementia with Lewy bodies. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:2091-105 pubmed publisher..Occipital and posterior parietotemporal lobe hypometabolism is a distinguishing feature of DLB and this regional hypometabolic pattern is independent of the amyloid pathology...
- Kantarci K, Murray M, Schwarz C, Reid R, Przybelski S, Lesnick T, et al. White-matter integrity on DTI and the pathologic staging of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;56:172-179 pubmed publisher..The NFT pathology of AD is associated with DTI alterations involving the medial temporal limbic connections and medial parietal white matter. This pattern of diffusion abnormalities is also associated with clinical disease severity. ..
- Kantarci K, Yang C, Schneider J, Senjem M, Reyes D, Lowe V, et al. Antemortem amyloid imaging and ?-amyloid pathology in a case with dementia with Lewy bodies. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:878-85 pubmed publisher..36; p = 0.17). The ROI-based analysis of imaging and histopathological data confirms that PiB uptake on PET is a specific marker for A? density, but cannot differentiate neuritic from diffuse amyloid plaques in this case with DLB. ..