Richard W Joseph
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Lichenoid Dermatitis in Three Patients with Metastatic Melanoma Treated with Anti-PD-1 TherapyRichard W Joseph
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
Cancer Immunol Res 3:18-22. 2015..The rashes in all three patients were relatively mild, allowing treatment to continue despite the rashes. Cancer Immunol Res; 3(1); 18-22. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Correlation of NRAS mutations with clinical response to high-dose IL-2 in patients with advanced melanomaRichard W Joseph
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Immunother 35:66-72. 2012..56 vs. 1.97 y, P<0.0001), and trended toward a decreased response rate (7% vs. 21%, P=0.08). NRAS mutational status is a new candidate biomarkers for selecting patients with melanoma for HD IL-2 treatment...
- Loss of PBRM1 and BAP1 expression is less common in non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma than in clear cell renal cell carcinomaThai H Ho
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ Epigenomics Program, Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Electronic address
Urol Oncol 33:23.e9-23.e14. 2015..We evaluated loss of PBRM1 and BAP1 staining in ccRCC, papillary RCC (pRCC), chromophobe RCC (chRCC), and RO tumors using an immunohistochemistry assay in which negative staining was associated with loss-of-function mutations...
- NRAS mutation status is an independent prognostic factor in metastatic melanomaJohn A Jakob
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 118:4014-23. 2012....
- Somatic expression of ENRAGE is associated with obesity status among patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaJeanette E Eckel-Passow
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Carcinogenesis 35:822-7. 2014..Upregulation of ENRAGE could lead to local, autocrine stimulation of the RAGE receptor and thus support cancer progression. ..
- Characterizing the clinical benefit of ipilimumab in patients who progressed on high-dose IL-2Richard W Joseph
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Immunother 35:711-5. 2012..Prospective trials of HD IL-2 followed by ipilimumab could potentially identify patients most likely to benefit from a sequential approach of HD IL-2 followed by ipilimumab...
- Loss of BAP1 protein expression is an independent marker of poor prognosis in patients with low-risk clear cell renal cell carcinomaRichard W Joseph
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida
Cancer 120:1059-67. 2014..In this study, we used a highly sensitive and specific immunohistochemistry (IHC) assay to test whether BAP1 expression is an independent marker of ccRCC-specific survival, particularly in patients with low-risk disease...
- Therapy for metastatic melanoma: the past, present, and futureLaura Finn
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
BMC Med 10:23. 2012..In this review we will discuss the advantages and limitations of the two new approved agents, current clinical trials designed to overcome these limitations, and future clinical trials that we feel hold the most promise...
- A randomized phase II study of cilengitide (EMD 121974) in patients with metastatic melanomaKevin B Kim
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Melanoma Res 22:294-301. 2012..05). Cilengitide was well tolerated by patients in both the treatment arms but had minimal clinical efficacy as a single-agent therapy for metastatic melanoma, and the efficacy was not related to baseline αvβ3 expression...
- ANKS1B is a smoking-related molecular alteration in clear cell renal cell carcinomaJeanette E Eckel-Passow
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
BMC Urol 14:14. 2014..We used a multi-stage design to identify and validate genes that are associated with smoking-related ccRCC...
- Ultrathin primary is a marker for worse prognosis in lymph node-positive cutaneous melanomaSanjay P Bagaria
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Cancer 119:1860-7. 2013..The authors hypothesized that ultrathin melanomas that present with lymph node metastasis represent biologically aggressive lesions with a worse prognosis...
- c-MET expression in primary and liver metastases in uveal melanomaFaithlore P Gardner
aDivision of Hematology Oncology bDepartment of Biomedical Informatics and Biostatics cDepartment of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida dDepartment of Pathology eDepartment of Medical Oncology fDepartment of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN, USA
Melanoma Res 24:617-20. 2014..Metastatic lesions have higher expression of c-MET expression than primary tumors. Clinical trials involving c-MET inhibitors deserve further study in patients with uveal melanoma in both the adjuvant and metastatic setting. ..
- Age-period-cohort analysis of renal cell carcinoma in United States adultsMark D Tyson
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Urology 82:43-7. 2013..To determine the extent to which the year of diagnosis, year of birth, and age at diagnosis influence the incidence trends of kidney cancer in the United States...
- Impact of clinical and pathologic features on tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte expansion from surgically excised melanoma metastases for adoptive T-cell therapyRichard W Joseph
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:4882-91. 2011..However, little is known how clinical and pathologic features impact TIL outgrowth isolated from metastatic melanoma tumors...