Daniel L Hurley
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Views of new internal medicine faculty of their preparedness and competence in physician-patient communicationPaul S Mueller
Program in Professionalism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
BMC Med Educ 6:30. 2006..We sought to assess self-rated importance of the medical interview to clinical practice and competence in physician-patient communication among new internal medicine faculty at an academic medical center...
- Vitamin D deficiency in adults: when to test and how to treatKurt A Kennel
Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:752-7; quiz 757-8. 2010..This review outlines strategies to prevent, diagnose, and treat vitamin D deficiency in adults...
- Influence of tacrolimus and short-duration prednisone on bone mineral density following liver transplantationJames S Scolapio
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 27:427-32. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of tacrolimus (FK506) and short-duration (4 month) prednisone immunosuppression therapy on bone mineral density (BMD) after OLT of patients with cirrhotic ESLD...
- Osteoporosis associated with megestrol acetateRobert A Wermers
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1557-61. 2004..Further study is warranted to clarify the relationship between megestrol and its potential for adversely affecting the skeleton...
- Medical and ethical aspects of long-term enteral tube feedingM Molly McMahon
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1461-76. 2005..We present our multidisciplinary approach that combines medical, nutritional, and ethical principles for the care of these patients...
- Clinical management after bariatric surgery: value of a multidisciplinary approachM Molly McMahon
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:S34-45. 2006..We present our multidisciplinary approach to postoperative care that is provided after bariatric surgery and that builds on our presurgical evaluation...