J M Huddleston
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Myocardial infarction after hip fracture repair: a population-based studyJeanne M Huddleston
Divisions of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:2020-6. 2012..To quantify the occurrence of myocardial infarction (MI) occurring in the early postoperative period after surgical hip fracture repair and estimate the effect on 1-year mortality...
- Medical care of elderly patients with hip fracturesJ M Huddleston
Division of Area General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:295-8. 2001..A close partnership between orthopedic surgeons and clinicians provides the best strategy of care for the subset of patients with multisystemic complications...
- Medical and surgical comanagement after elective hip and knee arthroplasty: a randomized, controlled trialJeanne M Huddleston
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:28-38. 2004..Hospitalists are assuming an increasing role in the care of surgical patients, but the impact of this model of care on postoperative outcomes is unknown...
- Do pre-existing complications affect the failure to rescue quality measures?J P Moriarty
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, Department of Health Sciences Research Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 19:65-8. 2010..Results indicated that of the complications identified by the quality indicator, 29.5% were pre-existing upon hospital admission...
- Secular trends in hip fracture incidence and recurrenceL J Melton
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Health Sciences Research, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Osteoporos Int 20:687-94. 2009..The decline in hip fracture incidence is now accompanied by a further reduction in the likelihood of a recurrent hip fracture among survivors of the first fracture...
- Patient satisfaction associated with correct identification of physician's photographsJ J Francis
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:604-8. 2001..Patient satisfaction was related to the number of physicians' photographs that patients could identify correctly...