Timothy J Hobday
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Efficacy and quality-of-life data are related in a phase II trial of oral chemotherapy in previously untreated patients with metastatic colorectal carcinomaTimothy J Hobday
Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4574-80. 2002..To evaluate quality of life (QOL) and tumor response after administration of an oral chemotherapy regimen in patients with previously untreated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Perspectives on the role of sequential or combination chemotherapy for first-line and salvage therapy in advanced colorectal cancerTimothy J Hobday
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 2:161-9. 2002..Herein, we review recent developments in combination and sequential chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer and the implications for the optimal treatment in these patients...
- An overview of approaches to adjuvant therapy for colorectal cancer in the United StatesTimothy J Hobday
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:S11-8. 2005..For rectal cancer, optimal outcomes are dependent not only on the systemic therapy, but also on the expertise of the surgeon and the timing of RT, with improved local control and toxicity seen with preoperative therapy...
- North central cancer treatment group (NCCTG) N0537: phase II trial of VEGF-trap in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with an anthracycline and/or a taxaneKostandinos Sideras
Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 12:387-91. 2012..Angiogenesis is an established target for the treatment of MBC. Aflibercept (VEGF-Trap) is a humanized fusion protein, which binds VEGF-A, VEGF-B, and PIGF-1 and -2...
- Medical management of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsThierry Delaunoit
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:475-83; quiz 484. 2008..However, we point out that much of the literature published to date includes noncomparative studies (mainly phase II studies), leading to thorny interpretation of the results...
- Association of DNA methylation and epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1A and beta-catenin with metastasis in small bowel carcinoid tumorsHe Yu Zhang
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Endocrine 30:299-306. 2006..The other six genes did not show significant differences. These results suggest that increased methylation of RASSF1A and CTNNB1 may play important roles in progression and metastasis of small bowel carcinoid tumors...
- Adjuvant therapy of colon cancer: a reviewTimothy J Hobday
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 1:230-6. 2002....
- Liver transplantation for gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine cancers: Defining selection criteria to improve survivalFrederike G I van Vilsteren
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Liver Transpl 12:448-56. 2006..In conclusion, liver transplantation for patients with hepatic metastases from GEP is a viable therapeutic option in highly selected patients...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor and activated epidermal growth factor receptor expression in gastrointestinal carcinoids and pancreatic endocrine carcinomasBettina Papouchado
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1329-35. 2005....
- Cytokeratin-19 and mammaglobin gene expression in circulating tumor cells from metastatic breast cancer patients enrolled in North Central Cancer Treatment Group trials, N0234/336/436/437Monica M Reinholz
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55906, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7183-93. 2011....
- A single-center experience with inflammatory breast cancer, 1985-2003Rory L Smoot
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Arch Surg 141:567-72; discussion 572-3. 2006..quot;Up-front" surgery improves survival in inflammatory breast cancer (IBC)...
- Molecularly targeted therapies for breast cancerTimothy J Hobday
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Cancer Control 12:73-81. 2005....
- Breast medical oncologists' use of standard prognostic factors to predict a 21-gene recurrence scoreArif H Kamal
Division of Medical Oncology, Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Oncologist 16:1359-66. 2011..Redwood City, CA) recurrence score (RS) is prognostic for recurrence and predictive of chemotherapy benefit. We explored the ability of oncologists to predict the RS using standard prognostic criteria...
- Somatostatin analogues in the treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsThierry Delaunoit
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:502-6. 2005..This article reviews the evidence for the use of somatostatin analogues in the treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors based on a MEDLINE search of literature published from January 1970 to July 2003...
- Imatinib mesylate-induced interstitial pneumonitisCynthia X Ma
Mayo Clin Proc 78:1578-9. 2003