David B Hawkins
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Effectiveness of counseling-based adult group aural rehabilitation programs: a systematic review of the evidenceDavid B Hawkins
Audiology Section, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 16:485-93. 2005..It is less clear whether this advantage over provision of hearing aids alone persists over time...
- The ability to pun may be retained in Alzheimer diseaseDavid B Hawkins
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neurocase 13:50-4. 2007..Acknowledging and focusing on the remaining positive attributes of a person with AD can be helpful to both family members and professionals...
- Hearing rehabilitation in a patient with sudden sensorineural hearing loss in the only hearing earDavid B Hawkins
Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:267-74. 2008..Providing aural rehabilitation and continually updating and providing new amplification options and accessories are described...
- Hearing loss and hearing aid treatment optionsJodi A Cook
Division of Audiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:234-7. 2006..In addition, hearing aid treatment options, Including monaural or binaural fitting, size and style, and circuitry and feature options, are reviewed...
- Hearing loss and speech privacy in the health care setting: a case studyDavid A Zapala
Mayo Clinic Florida, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:215-25. 2008..Existing methods to calculate speech privacy in health care settings need to consider the effect of hearing loss on the acoustics of the oral communication transaction...
- The importance of audiologic red flags in patient management decisionsDavid A Zapala
Audiology Section, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:564-70. 2008..It is essential that nonbenign forms of hearing impairment are recognized and addressed before audiological management is entertained...
- Safety of audiology direct access for medicare patients complaining of impaired hearingDavid A Zapala
Audiology Section, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 21:365-79. 2010..Resistance to audiology direct access is based, in part, on the concern that audiologists might miss significant otologic conditions...
- Outcome measurement for patients receiving hearing aid servicesJodi A Cook
Division of Audiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Laryngoscope 117:610-3. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to describe a useful patient report outcome measure for a hearing aid program that can be completed annually, with limited staff resources, and can be used to document performance excellence...