Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- HER receptor signaling confers resistance to the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor inhibitor, BMS-536924Paul Haluska
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, South West, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:2589-98. 2008....
- Phase I dose-escalation study of MEDI-573, a bispecific, antiligand monoclonal antibody against IGFI and IGFII, in patients with advanced solid tumorsPaul Haluska
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Clin Cancer Res 20:4747-57. 2014....
- Dual HER/VEGF receptor targeting inhibits in vivo ovarian cancer tumor growthMarc A Becker
Corresponding Author Paul Haluska, Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2909-16. 2013..To this end, we derived a novel HER/VEGF signature that correlated with poor overall survival in high-grade, late stage, serous ovarian cancer patient tumors...
- Phase I dose escalation study of the anti insulin-like growth factor-I receptor monoclonal antibody CP-751,871 in patients with refractory solid tumorsPaul Haluska
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5834-40. 2007..This phase I study was undertaken to define the maximum tolerated dose, safety, and pharmacokinetic profile of CP-751,871...
- Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of the anti-IGF-1R monoclonal antibody figitumumab in patients with refractory adrenocortical carcinomaPaul Haluska
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 65:765-73. 2010....
- A phase II study of gemcitabine in combination with tanespimycin in advanced epithelial ovarian and primary peritoneal carcinomaAndrea E Wahner Hendrickson
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Oncol 124:210-5. 2012..To assess the effect of tanespimycin on tumor cells, levels of the chaperone proteins HSP90 and HSP70 were examined in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and paired tumor biopsy lysates...
- Dual IGF-1R/InsR inhibitor BMS-754807 synergizes with hormonal agents in treatment of estrogen-dependent breast cancerXiaonan Hou
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 71:7597-607. 2011..Cooperative cell-cycle arrest, decreased proliferation, and enhanced promotion of apoptosis may contribute to antitumor effects to be gauged in future clinical investigations justified by our findings...
- IGFBP ratio confers resistance to IGF targeting and correlates with increased invasion and poor outcome in breast tumorsMarc A Becker
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1808-17. 2012..To improve the significance of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 5 (IGFBP-5) as a prognostic and potentially predictive marker in patients with breast cancer...
- Expression of insulin receptor isoform A and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in human acute myelogenous leukemia: effect of the dual-receptor inhibitor BMS-536924 in vitroAndrea E Wahner Hendrickson
Departments of Medicine and Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Res 69:7635-43. 2009..Accordingly, further investigation of IGF1R/IR axis as a potential therapeutic target in AML appears warranted...
- In vitro and in vivo antitumor effects of the dual insulin-like growth factor-I/insulin receptor inhibitor, BMS-554417Paul Haluska
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 66:362-71. 2006..BMS-554417 is a member of a novel class of IGF-IR/insulin receptor inhibitors that have potential clinical applications because of their antiproliferative and proapoptotic activity in vitro and in vivo...
- Molecular markers for novel therapies in neuroendocrine (carcinoid) tumorsJudith A Gilbert
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:623-36. 2010..Our results support further research into Hsp90, IGF1R, and EGFR as targets for developing new anticancer therapeutics for some NETs...
- Phase I study of temsirolimus in combination with EKB-569 in patients with advanced solid tumorsAlan H Bryce
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:1934-41. 2012..PK studies revealed no interaction between the drugs. Further investigations of this targeting strategy may be attractive in renal cell carcinoma, non-small cell lung cancer, alveolar sarcoma, and carcinoid tumor...
- Conventional chemotherapy and oncogenic pathway targeting in ovarian carcinosarcoma using a patient-derived tumorgraftGretchen Glaser
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0126867. 2015..Better predictive markers of response are needed. ..
- An organ system based approach to prognosis in advanced melanomaShernan G Holtan
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 4:2823-33. 2012..A subset of melanoma patients appear to lack an organized immune response to the tumor, which portends a poor prognosis...
- Phase II trial of lapatinib and topotecan (LapTop) in patients with platinum-refractory/resistant ovarian and primary peritoneal carcinomaS John Weroha
Department of Medical Oncology, Mayo, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:116-20. 2011..We designed a phase II clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and adverse event profile of concomitant topotecan and lapatinib, a small molecule pan-erbB inhibitor that can block BCRP/Pgp efflux of topotecan...
- IGF-1 receptor inhibitors in clinical trials--early lessonsS John Weroha
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 13:471-83. 2008..We will also review the completed and ongoing clinical investigations with IGF-1 receptors inhibitors to date and the utility of these early data in designing future breast cancer studies with IGF-1 signaling inhibition strategies...
- Drug efflux by breast cancer resistance protein is a mechanism of resistance to the benzimidazole insulin-like growth factor receptor/insulin receptor inhibitor, BMS-536924Xiaonan Hou
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:117-25. 2011..However, pyrrolotriazine IGF-1R/InsR inhibitors do not appear to be affected by this resistance mechanism...
- Phase I study of 17-allylamino-17 demethoxygeldanamycin, gemcitabine and/or cisplatin in patients with refractory solid tumorsJoleen Hubbard
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:473-80. 2011..Levels of the proteins Hsp90, Hsp70 and ILK were measured in peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PMBC) lysates to assess the effects of 17-AAG...
- Quantifying insulin receptor isoform expression in FFPE breast tumorsSean C Harrington
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Growth Horm IGF Res 22:108-15. 2012..In the present study, qPCR based assays specific for InsR-A, InsR-B and IGF-1R were developed for use in FFPE tissues and tested for feasible use in clinical archived FFPE estrogen receptor (ER)+and ER- breast cancer tumors...
- The insulin-like growth factor system in cancerS John Weroha
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 41:335-50, vi. 2012....
- Cancer and pregnancy: parallels in growth, invasion, and immune modulation and implications for cancer therapeutic agentsShernan G Holtan
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 84:985-1000. 2009..The knowledge gained from analyzing similarities and differences between the physiologic state of pregnancy and the pathologic state of cancer could lead to identification of new potential targets for cancer therapeutic agents...
- Resistance pathways relevant to insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor-targeted therapyAndrea Wahner Hendrickson
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 10:1032-40. 2009....
- CixutumumabKevin P McKian
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, 200 First St SW Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 18:1025-33. 2009..In this review, we summarize preclinical, pharmacologic and early clinical data regarding this agent and discuss the impact this drug might have on the future treatment of human cancers...
- Tumorgrafts as in vivo surrogates for women with ovarian cancerS John Weroha
Authors Affiliations Departments of Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Department of Health Sciences Research, Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics Division of Gynecologic Surgery Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota and Women s Cancer Program, Samuel Oschin Cancer Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
Clin Cancer Res 20:1288-97. 2014..Ovarian cancer has a high recurrence and mortality rate. A barrier to improved outcomes includes a lack of accurate models for preclinical testing of novel therapeutics...
- Heat shock protein 90 inhibition depletes LATS1 and LATS2, two regulators of the mammalian hippo tumor suppressor pathwayCatherine J Huntoon
Division of Oncology Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 70:8642-50. 2010..Taken together, these results identify LATS1 and LATS2 as novel HSP90 clients and show that HSP90 inhibitors can disrupt the LATS tumor suppressor pathway in human cancer cells...
- A novel neutralizing antibody targeting pregnancy-associated plasma protein-a inhibits ovarian cancer growth and ascites accumulation in patient mouse tumorgraftsMarc A Becker
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Mol Cancer Ther 14:973-81. 2015..Together, these data indicate PAPP-A as a potential palliative and adjunct therapeutic target for women with ovarian cancer...
- Oncolytic measles virus expressing the sodium iodide symporter to treat drug-resistant ovarian cancerEvanthia Galanis
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Cancer Res 75:22-30. 2015..Our findings support further clinical evaluation of MV-NIS as an effective immunovirotherapy...
- Pharmacokinetics of endoxifen and tamoxifen in female mice: implications for comparative in vivo activity studiesJoel M Reid
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN, 55905, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 74:1271-8. 2014..Little is known regarding the differences between TAM and ENDX murine pharmacokinetics or the effect of administration route on plasma concentrations of each drug...
- Malignant melanoma in the 21st century: the emerging molecular landscapeAleksandar Sekulic
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:825-46. 2008..We review the emerging molecular landscape of melanoma and its implications for better management of patients with melanoma...
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group/Alliance trial N08CA-the use of glutathione for prevention of paclitaxel/carboplatin-induced peripheral neuropathy: a phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyAlexis D Leal
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
Cancer 120:1890-7. 2014..The current trial was designed to determine whether glutathione would prevent CIPN as a result of carboplatin/paclitaxel therapy...
- Immune-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition in vivo generates breast cancer stem cellsMarta Santisteban
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 69:2887-95. 2009..These findings have several important implications related to disease progression and relapse...
- Complications of therapy and a diagnostic dilemma case. Case 3. Diagnostic dilemma: sarcoidosis simulating metastatic malignancyPaul Haluska
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4653-4. 2003
- Potential applications for circulating tumor cells expressing the insulin-like growth factor-I receptorJohann S de Bono
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:3611-6. 2007..To detect insulin-like growth factor-IR (IGF-IR) on circulating tumor cells (CTC) as a biomarker in the clinical development of a monoclonal human antibody, CP-751,871, targeting IGF-IR...