Evans R Fernandez Perez
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- A case of systemic malignant atrophic papulosis (Köhlmeier-Degos' disease)Evans R Fernandez-Perez
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 97:421-5. 2005..Its rarity and rapidly fatal course make the disease a difficult diagnostic and therapeutic challenge...
- Intraoperative tidal volume as a risk factor for respiratory failure after pneumonectomyEvans R Fernandez-Perez
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Anesthesiology 105:14-8. 2006..The authors hypothesized that intraoperative mechanical ventilation with large tidal volumes (VTs) would be associated with increased risk of postpneumonectomy respiratory failure...
- The addition of decision support into computerized physician order entry reduces red blood cell transfusion resource utilization in the intensive care unitEvans R Fernandez Perez
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 82:631-3. 2007..In conclusion, the implementation of an evidenced-based decision support system through a CPOE can decrease RBC transfusion resource utilization in critically ill patients...
- Nonfamilial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisEvans R Fernandez-Perez
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Hematol 82:1118-9. 2007
- Ventilator settings and outcome of respiratory failure in chronic interstitial lung diseaseEvans R Fernandez-Perez
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, East 18, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 133:1113-9. 2008..While patients with interstitial lung disease (ILD) may be particularly susceptible to ventilator-induced lung injury, ventilator strategies have not been studied in this group of patients...
- Incidence, prevalence, and clinical course of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: a population-based studyEvans R Fernandez Perez
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Autoimmune Lung Center and Interstitial Lung Disease Program, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson Street G 10a, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Chest 137:129-37. 2010..Limited data exist regarding the population-based epidemiology of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The objective of the study was to describe the trends in the incidence, prevalence, and clinical course of IPF in the community...
- The practice of platelet transfusion in the intensive care unitSalam S Salman
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Intensive Care Med 22:105-10. 2007..The practice of platelet transfusion in critically ill patients with thrombocytopenia varies. Prospective studies evaluating restrictive versus liberal platelet transfusion strategies are warranted...
- Granulomatous lymphocytic interstitial lung diseaseEvans R Fernandez Perez
Autoimmune Lung Center and Interstitial Lung Disease Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, National Jewish Health, B nai B rith Building, Office M322, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 32:621-32. 2012..Data from large registries and population-based studies of GLILD are needed to better understand the disease trends and burden. This article focuses on the diagnosis and management of GLILD...
- Long-term survival and quality of life after transfusion-associated pulmonary edema in critically ill medical patientsGuangxi Li
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Old Marion Hall, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 137:783-9. 2010..Prior outcome studies of TACO and TRALI have focused on short-term morbidity and mortality, but the long-term survival and quality of life (QOL) of these patients remain unknown...