Randall S Edson
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Vestibular toxicity due to inhaled tobramycin in a patient with renal insufficiencyRandall S Edson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1185-91. 2004..Further studies in at-risk patients are needed to determine the optimal frequency and timing of such monitoring...
- Mycobacterium intermedium granulomatous dermatitis from hot tub exposureRandall S Edson
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:821-3. 2006..We report the first case of a patient with chronic granulomatous dermatitis caused by a rarely described organism, Mycobacterium intermedium. The infection was associated with exposure in a home hot tub...
- A multi-institutional survey of internal medicine residents' learning habitsRandall S Edson
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Med Teach 32:773-5. 2010..Resident physicians are expected to demonstrate medical knowledge. However, little is known about the residents' reading habits and learning preferences...
- General principles of antimicrobial therapySurbhi Leekha
Department of Epidemiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 86:156-67. 2011..By following these general principles, all practicing physicians should be able to use antimicrobial agents in a responsible manner that benefits both the individual patient and the community...
- An outbreak of Mycobacterium chelonae infections in tattoosLisa A Drage
Division of Clinical Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 62:501-6. 2010..The M chelonae isolates were clarithromycin susceptible, and the infections responded to macrolide antibiotics. Physicians should consider mycobacterial infections in patients with skin findings within a new tattoo...
- Knowledge base evaluation of medicine residents on the gastroenterology service: Implications for competency assessments by facultyJoseph C Kolars
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 1:64-8. 2003..This study evaluated the accuracy of these evaluations and the perception of residents regarding the ability of faculty to assess medical knowledge...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus prostatitisThomas J Beckman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 69:779.e1-3. 2007..We describe what we believe to be the first case of a patient with community-acquired methicillin-resistant S. aureus acute prostatitis as determined by cultures of prostatic tissue, blood, and nares...