Giovanni De Petris
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Pseudoneoplasms of the gastrointestinal tractGiovanni De Petris
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:378-92. 2010..The pathologist plays the leading role in distinguishing pseudoneoplasms from truly neoplastic lesions in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Carcinoma cuniculatum of the esophagusGiovanni De Petris
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:134-8. 2005..Extremely well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma with the features of so-called carcinoma cuniculatum (CC) is a rare neoplasm. We describe the clinicopathologic findings of the first 2 cases of CC of the esophagus...
- Usefulness of PET/CT imaging in systemic IgG4-related sclerosing disease. A report of three casesVien X Nguyen
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
JOP 12:297-305. 2011..We herein demonstrate the clinical utility of integrated PET/CT in 3 cases of systemic IgG4-related sclerosing disease for targeting extrapancreatic biopsy sites...
- Hepatitis C virus recurrence in living donor liver transplant recipientsHector Rodriguez-Luna
Division of Transplantation Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85054, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:38-41. 2004..No histological difference in the recurrence or severity rate was observed at 4 or 12 months post-LT in the DDT group vs. the LDLT group...
- Sessile serrated adenomas: demographic, endoscopic and pathological characteristicsSuryakanth R Gurudu
Division of Gastroenterolog, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, United States
World J Gastroenterol 16:3402-5. 2010..To study the demographic and endoscopic characteristics of patients with sessile serrated adenoma (SSA) in a single center...
- Primary biliary cirrhosis and systemic amyloidosis, a new associationHector Rodriguez-Luna
Division of Transplant Medicine, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85254, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1196-200. 2004
- Crohn disease of the small bowel: preliminary comparison among CT enterography, capsule endoscopy, small-bowel follow-through, and ileoscopyAmy K Hara
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Radiology 238:128-34. 2006..To prospectively compare four diagnostic small-bowel imaging techniques for depiction of abnormal findings in the same patients known to have or suspected of having Crohn disease...
- Intussusception in the adult: an unsuspected case of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome with review of the literatureJason D Fraser
Department of General Surgery, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Fam Cancer 8:95-101. 2009..Therefore we present a review in the setting of a case of misdiagnosed Peutz-Jeghers syndrome to portray illuminating features of the syndrome and review the literature...
- Natural history of post-liver transplantation hepatitis C: A review of factors that may influence its courseJuan F Gallegos-Orozco
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ 85259, USA
Liver Transpl 15:1872-81. 2009..On the basis of our findings, LDLT is a good option for HCV-positive recipients...
- Treatment of recurrent hepatitis C infection after liver transplantation with combination of pegylated interferon alpha2b and ribavirin: an open-label seriesHector Rodriguez-Luna
Division of Transplantation Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
Transplantation 77:190-4. 2004..Hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) is universal. We aimed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RIB) in the treatment of post-OLT HCV recurrence...
- Small-bowel diaphragm disease: seven surgical casesMichael E Kelly
Division of General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Ariz 85259, USA
Arch Surg 140:1162-6. 2005..Small-bowel diaphragm disease is an important source of gastrointestinal tract bleeding and subacute intestinal obstruction that may require surgical intervention...
- Diaphragm disease after use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents: first report of diagnosis with capsule endoscopyMahmoud M Yousfi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:686-91. 2004..No manifestations of Crohn disease were evident. This case represents the first diagnosis with capsule endoscopy of diaphragm disease of the small intestine with pathologic features of neuromuscular and vascular hamartoma...
- Retention of the capsule endoscope: a single-center experience of 1000 capsule endoscopy proceduresFeng Li
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:174-80. 2008..Retention of the video capsule is the most significant complication associated with capsule endoscopy (CE). There are limited data on incidence, risk factors, and outcomes of capsule retention...
- Histopathology of diaphragm disease of the small intestine: a study of 10 cases from a single institutionGiovanni De Petris
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 130:518-25. 2008..DD and, therefore, NSAID-related injury, should be considered in the differential diagnosis of several conditions affecting the small intestine...
- A novel histologic scoring system to evaluate mucosal biopsies from patients with eosinophilic esophagitisCheryl Protheroe
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:749-755.e11. 2009..Our goal was to develop an assay to identify EoE patients and perhaps differentiate EoE from other causes of esophageal eosinophilia...
- Histologic severity of appendicitis can be predicted by computed tomographyAdam J Hansen
Division of General Surgery, Departments of Surgery, Radiology, Pathology, and Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz, USA
Arch Surg 139:1304-8. 2004..A regression model based on computed tomographic (CT) findings alone can accurately predict the histologic severity of acute appendicitis in patients who have a high disease likelihood...