Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- 2-Methoxyestradiol suppresses osteolytic breast cancer tumor progression in vivoMuzaffer Cicek
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Res 67:10106-11. 2007..Our data support the conclusion that 2ME(2) could be an important new therapy in the arsenal to fight metastatic breast cancer...
- Endoxifen's molecular mechanisms of action are concentration dependent and different than that of other anti-estrogensJohn R Hawse
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54613. 2013....
- Development, characterization, and applications of a novel estrogen receptor beta monoclonal antibodyXianglin Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Cell Biochem 113:711-23. 2012..The use of the MC10 antibody, in combination with highly specific antibodies targeting only full-length ERβ, is likely to provide additional discriminatory features in breast cancers that may be useful in predicting response to therapy...
- TGF-β inducible early gene 1 regulates osteoclast differentiation and survival by mediating the NFATc1, AKT, and MEK/ERK signaling pathwaysMuzaffer Cicek
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17522. 2011..Together, these data provide evidence that TIEG1 controls osteoclast differentiation by reducing NFATc1 pathway activation and reduces osteoclast survival by suppressing AKT and MEK/ERK signaling...
- Breast cancer bone metastasis and current small therapeuticsMuzaffer Cicek
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 25:635-44. 2006..This review focuses on a brief discussion of tumor-driven osteolysis and the effects of small molecule therapies in reducing osteolytic tumor progression...
- BRMS1 contributes to the negative regulation of uPA gene expression through recruitment of HDAC1 to the NF-kappaB binding site of the uPA promoterMuzaffer Cicek
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:229-37. 2009....
- Podocalyxin increases the aggressive phenotype of breast and prostate cancer cells in vitro through its interaction with ezrinSteven Sizemore
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer Res 67:6183-91. 2007....
- Breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 (BRMS1) inhibits osteopontin transcription by abrogating NF-kappaB activationRajeev S Samant
Mitchell Cancer Institute, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, USA
Mol Cancer 6:6. 2007..BRMS1 is a member of mSin3-HDAC transcription co-repressor complex and has been shown to suppress the metastasis of breast cancer and melanoma cells in animal models. Hence we hypothesized that BRMS1 regulates OPN expression...
- Role of IKK and oscillatory NFkappaB kinetics in MMP-9 gene expression and chemoresistance to 5-fluorouracil in RKO colorectal cancer cellsRyuichi Fukuyama
Department of Cancer Biology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, and School of Biomedical Sciences, Kent State University, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:402-13. 2007....
- Loss of breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 protein expression predicts reduced disease-free survival in subsets of breast cancer patientsDavid G Hicks
Department of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology, General Surgery Breast Center, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6702-8. 2006....
- Novel enhanced lung-colonizing variant of murine MBT-2 bladder cancer cellsMinoru Horinaga
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 66:676-81. 2005..To develop an enhanced lung-colonizing variant of murine bladder cancer that will allow the mechanism of metastasis to be studied more readily...
- Breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 inhibits gene expression by targeting nuclear factor-kappaB activityMuzaffer Cicek
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer Res 65:3586-95. 2005....
- The AKT/I kappa B kinase pathway promotes angiogenic/metastatic gene expression in colorectal cancer by activating nuclear factor-kappa B and beta-cateninAnju Agarwal
Department of Cancer Biology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Oncogene 24:1021-31. 2005..These results indicate a role of this pathway in controlling gene expression important in tumor progression and metastasis...
- Identification of metastasis-associated proteins through protein analysis of metastatic MDA-MB-435 and metastasis-suppressed BRMS1 transfected-MDA-MB-435 cellsMuzaffer Cicek
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:149-57. 2004..Our results suggest that annexin I and alpha B-crystallin are important cellular proteins that are down regulated through BRMS1 mediated metastasis suppression...