Wee J Chng
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Analysis of genetic abnormalities provides insights into genetic evolution of hyperdiploid myelomaWee J Chng
Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:1111-20. 2006..The development of these genetic aberrations is thus highly ordered and undoubtedly of biological relevance. Within this framework, we propose a model of genetic evolution in H-MM...
- Molecular dissection of hyperdiploid multiple myeloma by gene expression profilingWee J Chng
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Cancer Res 67:2982-9. 2007..Furthermore, the signatures that defined these clusters may provide a basis for tailoring treatment to individual patients...
- Gene-expression profiling of Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia reveals a phenotype more similar to chronic lymphocytic leukemia than multiple myelomaWee J Chng
Department of Hematology-Oncology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13208 E Shea Blvd, Suite 300, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Blood 108:2755-63. 2006..Thus, IL6 and its downstream signaling may be of biologic importance in WM. Further elucidation of the role of IL-6 in WM is warranted as this may offer a potential therapeutic avenue...
- Genomic analysis of marginal zone and lymphoplasmacytic lymphomas identified common and disease-specific abnormalitiesEsteban Braggio
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Mod Pathol 25:651-60. 2012..Elucidation of the genetic alterations contributing to the pathogenesis of these lymphomas may guide to design-specific therapeutic approaches...
- The centrosome index is a powerful prognostic marker in myeloma and identifies a cohort of patients that might benefit from aurora kinase inhibitionWee J Chng
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 111:1603-9. 2008..Human myeloma cell lines with higher CI are more responsive to treatment with a novel aurora kinase inhibitor. Aurora kinase may represent novel therapeutic targets in these patients with very poor prognosis...
- Gene expression profiling of pulmonary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma identifies new biologic insights with potential diagnostic and therapeutic applicationsWee J Chng
Department of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 113:635-45. 2009..In conclusion, MALT subgroups with distinct pathologic features defined by distinct groups of deregulated genes were identified. These genes could represent novel diagnostic and therapeutic targets...
- Clinical implication of centrosome amplification in plasma cell neoplasmWee J Chng
Division of Hematology-Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Johnson Research Bldg, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 107:3669-75. 2006....
- Risk stratification of patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: optimizing treatment based on pretreatment characteristicsWee J Chng
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 6:200-7. 2005..This review will summarize the important prognostic factors identified to date, how they can be used to identify patients at high risk, and their clinical utility in relation to treatment optimization at diagnosis...
- Genomics in multiple myeloma: biology and clinical implicationsWee J Chng
Division of Hematology-Oncology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Johnson Research Building, 13400 E Shea Blvd, AZ 85259, USA
Pharmacogenomics 6:563-73. 2005..Genomics will have an important role to play in all of these goals...
- Cell lines of hyperdiploid myeloma, are we there yet?Wee J Chng
Br J Haematol 140:579-80; author reply 580-1. 2008
- Survival of genetic subtypes of relapsed myeloma may be modulated by secondary eventsWee J Chng
Blood 109:3610-1. 2007
- Gene expression profiling and correlation with outcome in clinical trials of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomibGeorge Mulligan
Clinical Research Translational Medicine, Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc, 40 Landsdowne Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Blood 109:3177-88. 2007..Informative gene expression data and genomic classifiers that predict clinical outcome can be derived from prospective clinical trials of new anticancer agents...
- Tandem bone marrow transplantation in multiple myelomaWee J Chng
N Engl J Med 350:1466-7; author reply 1466-7. 2004
- Tumor suppressor p16 methylation in multiple myeloma: biological and clinical implicationsNatalia Gonzalez Paz
Department of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 109:1228-32. 2007....
- Multiple myeloma presenting with complex cranial nerve palsiesAndrea Wong
J Neurooncol 74:217-8. 2005
- Establishment of adult peripheral blood lymphocyte subset reference range for an Asian population by single-platform flow cytometry: influence of age, sex, and race and comparison with other published studiesWee J Chng
Department of Haematology Oncology, National University Hospital, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:168-73. 2004..This platform should be used for future studies into the effects of age, sex, and race on lymphocyte subsets...