Michael J Cevette
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Electrogastrographic and autonomic responses during oculovestibular recoupling in flight simulationMichael J Cevette
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Audiology, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 85:15-24. 2014..The purpose of the study was to quantify these responses through electrogastrography and cardiac interbeat intervals during flight simulation...
- The effect of galvanic vestibular stimulation on distortion product otoacoustic emissionsMichael J Cevette
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Audiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Vestib Res 22:17-25. 2012..Multivariate analysis found subject variability in DPOAE amplitude, which was not thought to be GVS related. Results indicated that GVS produced neither temporary nor permanent changes in DPOAEs...
- Oculo-vestibular recoupling using galvanic vestibular stimulation to mitigate simulator sicknessMichael J Cevette
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Audiology, Aerospace Medicine and Vestibular Research Laboratory AMVRL, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:549-55. 2012..By using galvanic vestibular stimulation (GVS), the vestibular system can be synchronized with a moving visual field in order to lessen the mismatch of sensory inputs thought to result in SS...
- Magnesium and hearingMichael J Cevette
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Audiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 14:202-12. 2003..This paper provides a current overview of relevant Mg metabolism and deficiency and its influence on hearing...
- Early detection of hypoxia-lnduced cognitive impairment using the King-Devick testJan Stepanek
Aerospace Medicine and Vestibular Research Laboratory Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 84:1017-22. 2013..Noninvasive neurocognitive performance testing is desirable to identify presymptomatic cognitive impairment, affording operators at altitude a tool to quantify their performance and safety...
- Phase 2 study examining magnesium-dependent tinnitusMichael J Cevette
Department of Otolaryngology, Mayo Clinis, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Int Tinnitus J 16:168-73. 2011..Further epidemiological evidence indicates that all age groups of Americans fall short of the recommended daily allowance for magnesium by 100 mg daily...
- Pure-tone hearing asymmetry: a logistic approach modeling age, sex, and noise exposure historyDavid A Zapala
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Audiology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 23:553-70. 2012..g., age- or firearm-related hearing loss). In most cases, the determination that an observed AHL does not come from a benign cause involves subjective clinical judgment...
- Hypoxia-induced changes in standing balanceLinsey S Wagner
Mayo Clinic in Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 82:518-22. 2011..Additionally, normative data were available for comparison with the cumulative test scores and scores for each condition...
- Superficial siderosis of the central nervous system: phenotype and implications for audiology and otologySarah A Sydlowski
Section of Audiology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Otol Neurotol 32:900-8. 2011..Predominant symptoms include progressive sensorineural hearing loss, imbalance, and ataxia. Despite characteristic auditory-vestibular involvement, SSCN is not well known among the hearing health community...