Genomes and Genes
Todd D Camenisch
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Heart-valve mesenchyme formation is dependent on hyaluronan-augmented activation of ErbB2-ErbB3 receptorsTodd D Camenisch
College of Pharmacy and Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Nat Med 8:850-5. 2002..These data provide a link between extracellular matrix-hyaluronan and ErbB receptor activation during development of early heart-valve and septal mesenchyme...
- Form and function of developing heart valves: coordination by extracellular matrix and growth factor signalingJoyce A Schroeder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:392-403. 2003....
- Temporal and distinct TGFbeta ligand requirements during mouse and avian endocardial cushion morphogenesisTodd D Camenisch
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Dev Biol 248:170-81. 2002..Thus, both TGFbeta2 and TGFbeta3 appear necessary for the full morphogenetic program of EMT in the chick, but only TGFbeta2 is expressed and obligatory for mammalian endocardial cushion cell transformation...
- TGFβ2-mediated production of hyaluronan is important for the induction of epicardial cell differentiation and invasionEvisabel A Craig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:3397-405. 2010..This is an important and novel mechanism showing how TGFβ2 and HA signals are integrated to regulate changes in epicardial cell behavior...
- Involvement of the MEKK1 signaling pathway in the regulation of epicardial cell behavior by hyaluronanEvisabel A Craig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Cell Signal 22:968-76. 2010..Together, these findings suggest an important role for HA in the regulation of epicardial cell fate via activation of MEKK1 signaling cascades...
- Arsenic exposure perturbs epithelial-mesenchymal cell transition and gene expression in a collagen gel assayAlejandro Lencinas
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Toxicol Sci 116:273-85. 2010..These studies show that EMT is sensitive to arsenic and that an interactome-based approach can be useful in identifying targets...
- Disruption of canonical TGFβ-signaling in murine coronary progenitor cells by low level arsenicPatrick Allison
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology College of Pharmacy, Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center, Steele Children s Research Center and Bio5 Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 272:147-53. 2013....
- HER2/HER3 regulates extracellular acidification and cell migration through MTK1 (MEKK4)James J Sollome
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Cell Signal 26:70-82. 2014..Cell migration is required for cancer cell metastasis, which is the major cause of cancer patient mortality. We identify MTK1 in the HER2/HER3-HRG mediated extracellular acidification and cell migration pathway in breast cancer cells. ..
- Transforming growth factor beta signaling in adult cardiovascular diseases and repairThomas Doetschman
BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cell Tissue Res 347:203-23. 2012....
- Transforming growth factor Beta2 is required for valve remodeling during heart developmentMohamad Azhar
BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dev Dyn 240:2127-41. 2011..Collectively, the data indicate that TGFβ2 promotes valve remodeling and differentiation by inducing matrix organization and suppressing cushion mesenchyme differentiation into cartilage cell lineage during heart development...
- MEKK3 initiates transforming growth factor beta 2-dependent epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition during endocardial cushion morphogenesisMark V Stevens
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Circ Res 103:1430-40. 2008..Thus, the activity of MEKK3 is sufficient for developmental EMT in the heart. This knowledge provides a basis to understand how MEKK3 integrates signaling cascades activating endocardial cushion EMT...
- Arsenic-induced decreases in the vascular matrixAllison M Hays
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0207, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:805-17. 2008..These AsIII-induced early pathological events may predispose humans to respiratory and cardiovascular diseases linked to chronic low-dose AsIII exposure...
- MAP3Ks as central regulators of cell fate during developmentEvisabel A Craig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dev Dyn 237:3102-14. 2008..This perspective reveals that some of these MAP3K effectors may have redundant functions, and also serve as unique nexus depending on the context of the signaling pathway...
- CD44 attenuates metastatic invasion during breast cancer progressionJose I Lopez
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cancer Res 65:6755-63. 2005..Collectively, these data show that during breast cancer progression, hyaluronan-CD44 dynamics occurring through epithelial-stromal interactions are protective against metastasis...
- Size-dependent regulation of Snail2 by hyaluronan: its role in cellular invasionEvisabel A Craig
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Glycobiology 19:890-8. 2009..These studies elucidate a novel HA/Snail2 functional connection through CD44 and NFkappaB that is important for the induction of cellular invasion and is dependent on HA size...
- Has2 expression in heart forming regions is independent of BMP signalingScott E Klewer
Department of Pediatrics, Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:462-70. 2006..Thus, in contrast to many genes expressed in the heart forming region, regulation of Has2 in the cardiogenic mesoderm is independent of Bmp signaling...
- MEKK4 regulates developmental EMT in the embryonic heartMark V Stevens
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2761-70. 2006..Thus, the kinase activity of MEKK4 is essential, but not sufficient, to support developmental EMT. This knowledge provides a basis to understand how MEKK4 may integrate signaling cascades controlling heart development...
- Arsenite activates NFκB through induction of C-reactive proteinIngrid L Druwe
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 261:263-70. 2012....
- Chronic low-level arsenite exposure through drinking water increases blood pressure and promotes concentric left ventricular hypertrophy in female micePablo Sanchez-Soria
Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Toxicol Pathol 40:504-12. 2012..These results suggest that chronic low-level arsenite exposure promotes the development of hypertension and the comorbidity of concentric hypertrophy...
- Differential growth and multicellular villi direct proepicardial translocation to the developing mouse heartLaurel S Rodgers
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dev Dyn 237:145-52. 2008..Our new model incorporates differential growth and direct contact between multicellular PE villi and the myocardium as mechanisms in formation of the epicardium...
- MUC1 alters beta-catenin-dependent tumor formation and promotes cellular invasionJoyce A Schroeder
Tumor Biology Program and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Medical Graduate School, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Oncogene 22:1324-32. 2003..These data indicate a potential mechanism for MUC1 promotion of invasive tumorigenesis in the breast through the modulation of beta-catenin localization and subsequent cytoskeletal dynamics...
- An improved protocol for the isolation and cultivation of embryonic mouse myocytesLaurel S Rodgers
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Cytotechnology 59:93-102. 2009..These myocytes behave similarly to those in vivo, including their ability to proliferate, providing an ideal system for the study of cardiomyocyte proliferation...
- Hyaluronan: genetic insights into the complex biology of a simple polysaccharideJohn A McDonald
Department of Internal Medicine, Salt Lake City Veterans Administration Health Care System and University of Utah, 500 Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Glycoconj J 19:331-9. 2002..This review focuses on recent studies utilizing hyaluronan-deficient, gene targeted mice with null alleles for the principal source of hyaluronan during mid-gestation, hyaluronan synthase-2 (has-2)...
- Depolymerized hyaluronan induces vascular endothelial growth factor, a negative regulator of developmental epithelial-to-mesenchymal transformationLaurel S Rodgers
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, College of Pharmacy, The University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Circ Res 99:583-9. 2006..Collectively, our data indicate that following endocardial cell EMT, native HA is likely processed to o-HA, which stimulates VEGF activity to attenuate cardiac developmental EMT...
- Macrophages and dendritic cells use different Axl/Mertk/Tyro3 receptors in clearance of apoptotic cellsHeather M Seitz
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Immunol 178:5635-42. 2007....
- VEGF modulates early heart valve formationYuval Dor
Department of Molecular Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 271:202-8. 2003..We further demonstrated that E10.5 endocardium retains the ability to transform into cardiac mesenchyme in the absence of endogenous VEGF...
- Elevated glucose inhibits VEGF-A-mediated endocardial cushion formation: modulation by PECAM-1 and MMP-2Josephine M Enciso
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
J Cell Biol 160:605-15. 2003....