E P Bouras
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Gastric motility disorders: management that optimizes nutritional statusErnest P Bouras
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:549-57. 2004..Specific nutritional recommendations and a review of pharmacologic agents and novel treatment modalities are provided...
- Effect of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors on gastric emptying and small intestinal transit in humansE P Bouras
Clinical Enteric Neuroscience Translational and Epidemiological Research CENTER Program, Gastroenterology Research Unit, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 16:729-35. 2004..Cisapride accelerates gastric emptying and small bowel transit in healthy humans...
- Chronic constipation in the elderlyErnest P Bouras
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, E6A, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 38:463-80. 2009..Clinical awareness and focused testing to identify the physiologic abnormalities underlying constipation, while being mindful of situations unique to the elderly, facilitate management, and improve patient outcomes...
- Complications of endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract: a single-center experienceHerbert C Wolfsen
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1264-7. 2004..To evaluate prospectively the complications that occurred during consecutive endoscopies of the upper gastrointestinal tract...
- Gastroparesis and electrical stimulation: can we afford the power bill?Ernest P Bouras
Neurogastroenterol Motil 17:2-3. 2005
- Effects of amitriptyline on gastric sensorimotor function and postprandial symptoms in healthy individuals: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialErnest P Bouras
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32211, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2043-50. 2008..However, there are only limited data on the effects of these drugs on upper gastrointestinal function...