Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Aromatase inhibitors, estrogens and musculoskeletal pain: estrogen-dependent T-cell leukemia 1A (TCL1A) gene-mediated regulation of cytokine expressionMohan Liu
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Breast Cancer Res 14:R41. 2012..In the present study, we set out to determine whether these SNPs might influence cytokine expression and effect more widely, and, if so, to explore the mechanism of TCL1A-related AI-induced side effects...
- Response to commentary by Dixon and Silman on the systematic review and meta-analysis by Bongartz et alEric L Matteson
Arthritis Res Ther 8:404. 2006
- Treatment of active psoriatic arthritis with the PPARgamma ligand pioglitazone: an open-label pilot studyT Bongartz
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:126-9. 2005..Therefore, we studied the use of pioglitazone, a PPARgamma agonist originally developed for the treatment of diabetes, in patients with PsA...
- Is tacrolimus effective for treating antisynthetase-associated interstitial lung disease?Tim Bongartz
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 1:80-1. 2005
- Citrullination in extra-articular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritisT Bongartz
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 1St St SW Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:70-5. 2007..We therefore investigated the presence of citrullination in two extra-articular manifestations of RA, interstitial pneumonia (IP) and rheumatoid nodules...
- Anti-TNF antibody therapy in rheumatoid arthritis and the risk of serious infections and malignancies: systematic review and meta-analysis of rare harmful effects in randomized controlled trialsTim Bongartz
Division of Rheumatology and Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
JAMA 295:2275-85. 2006..Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) plays an important role in host defense and tumor growth control. Therefore, anti-TNF antibody therapies may increase the risk of serious infections and malignancies...
- Tocilizumab for rheumatoid and juvenile idiopathic arthritisTim Bongartz
Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Lancet 371:961-3. 2008
- Etanercept therapy in rheumatoid arthritis and the risk of malignancies: a systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsT Bongartz
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1177-83. 2009..To assess the risk of malignancy with etanercept, a fusion protein that inhibits TNF action, a meta-analysis was performed using individual patient data from randomised controlled trials (RCT) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Incidence and risk factors of prosthetic joint infection after total hip or knee replacement in patients with rheumatoid arthritisTim Bongartz
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:1713-20. 2008..We conducted a study to evaluate potential risk factors of prosthetic joint infection and to clarify if RA is an independent predictor of this complication...
- Incidence and mortality of interstitial lung disease in rheumatoid arthritis: a population-based studyTim Bongartz
Rheumatology Department, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:1583-91. 2010..Interstitial lung disease (ILD) has been recognized as an important comorbidity in rheumatoid arthritis (RA). We undertook the current study to assess incidence, predictors, and mortality of RA-associated ILD...
- Successful treatment of psoriatic onycho-pachydermo periostitis (POPP) with adalimumabT Bongartz
University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 52:280-2. 2005..Therefore, we consider a TNF-blocking strategy as promising for treatment of POPP...
- Incidence and mortality of obstructive lung disease in rheumatoid arthritis: a population-based studyCarlotta Nannini
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:1243-50. 2013..We therefore aimed to assess the incidence, risk factors, and mortality of OLD in patients with RA...
- Morphologic and quantitative assessment of CD20+ B cell infiltrates in rheumatoid arthritis-associated nonspecific interstitial pneumonia and usual interstitial pneumoniaSarah R Atkins
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:635-41. 2006..We performed a morphologic and quantitative analysis of B lymphocytes and plasma cells in RA-associated interstitial pneumonia (IP) in comparison with idiopathic IP and normal lungs...
- Incidence of spondyloarthropathy in patients with Crohn's disease: a population-based studyRaina Shivashankar
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Rheumatol 39:2148-52. 2012..We assessed the cumulative incidence and clinical spectrum of SpA in patients with Crohn's disease (CD) in a population-based cohort...
- Histoplasmosis infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, 1998-2009Timothy C Olson
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:145. 2011..Patients with rheumatic diseases including rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are at increased risk for infections related to both the disease and its treatments. These include uncommonly reported infections due to histoplasmosis...
- Morphological and quantitative assessment of mast cells in rheumatoid arthritis associated non-specific interstitial pneumonia and usual interstitial pneumoniaS R Atkins
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 65:677-80. 2006..The role of mast cells in extra-articular manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) has not been studied so far...
- Perioperative care for patients with rheumatic diseasesBharath M Akkara Veetil
Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 8:32-41. 2012....
- Predictive and potentially predictive factors in early arthritis: a multidisciplinary approachP Harle
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinoimmunology, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:426-33. 2005..Therefore, this review focuses on the multidisciplinary aspects of neuroendocrine-immune changes in RA...
- Citrullinated proteins in rheumatoid arthritis: crucial...but not sufficient!Tineke Cantaert
University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 54:3381-9. 2006
- CD56-expressing T cells that have features of senescence are expanded in rheumatoid arthritisJoshua J Michel
Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:43-57. 2007..T cells deficient in CD28 expression have been implicated in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Given that CD28-null T cells are functionally heterogeneous, we undertook this study to screen for novel receptors on these cells...
- Tumor necrosis factor antagonists and infections: the small print on the price tagTim Bongartz
Arthritis Rheum 53:631-5. 2005
- Malignancy and biologic therapy in rheumatoid arthritisJohan Askling
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital and Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Curr Opin Rheumatol 20:334-9. 2008....
- Elective orthopedic surgery and perioperative DMARD management: many questions, fewer answers, and some opinionsTim Bongartz
J Rheumatol 34:653-5. 2007
- Interstitial lung disease in connective tissue diseases: what are the important questions?Jay H Ryu
Arthritis Rheum 53:488-90. 2005