Rick E Bendel
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Preoperative use of atropine to prevent intraoperative floppy-iris syndrome in patients taking tamsulosinRick E Bendel
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1603-5. 2006..Prevention of IFIS by withdrawing tamsulosin preoperatively has not shown consistent benefit. We describe the preoperative administration of atropine, which effectively prevented the occurrence of IFIS in patients receiving tamsulosin...
- Prevalence of glaucoma in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea--a cross-sectional case-seriesR E Bendel
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Eye (Lond) 22:1105-9. 2008..To determine the prevalence of glaucoma in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea...
- Outbreak of toxic anterior segment syndrome following cataract surgery associated with impurities in autoclave steam moistureWalter C Hellinger
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:294-8. 2006..An outbreak of TASS was recognized at an outpatient surgical center and its affiliated hospital in December 2002...
- Sleep disorders and the eyeE Andrew Waller
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:1251-61. 2008..The knowledge of these associations is important for the primary care physician, ophthalmologist, and sleep physician so that underlying sleep disorders or ophthalmologic disorders can be detected...
- Global health implications of preanesthesia medical examination for ophthalmic surgeryMichael B Phillips
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Anesthesiology 118:1038-45. 2013..Secondary aims were to characterize abnormal findings and assess surgical delay and adverse perioperative events, in relation to findings...