Sunni A Barnes
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Multiple imputation techniques in small sample clinical trialsSunni A Barnes
Division of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, and Department of Statistical Science, Baylor University, Waco, TX 76798 7140, USA
Stat Med 25:233-45. 2006..In this paper we investigate the small-sample performance of several multiple imputation methods, as well as the last observation carried forward method...
- Arg16/Gly beta2-adrenergic receptor polymorphism alters the cardiac output response to isometric exerciseJohn H Eisenach
Dept of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Appl Physiol 99:1776-81. 2005..The influence of polymorphic variants in the beta2-adrenergic receptor gene on the cardiovascular response to sympathoexcitation may have important implications in the development of hypertension and heart failure...
- Segmental vs. extended colectomy: measurable differences in morbidity, function, and quality of lifeY Nancy You
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1036-43. 2008..This study examined the short-term morbidity and long-term function and quality of life after colon resections of different extents...
- Sexual function, body image, and quality of life after laparoscopic and open ileal pouch-anal anastomosisDavid W Larson
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:392-6. 2008..This study was designed to compare self-reported sexual function, body image, and quality of life outcomes among ulcerative colitis patients undergoing laparoscopic or open ileal pouch-anal anastomosis...
- Publication bias for CAM trials in the highest impact factor medicine journals is partly due to geographical biasAmit Sood
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:1123-6. 2007..To assess the presence of publication bias and its relation to geographical bias in clinical trials involving complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) published in the highest impact factor general medicine journals...
- Attitudes of general dentists regarding the acceptance of gifts and unconventional payments from patientsKevin I Reid
Department of Dental Specialties, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St S W, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:1127-33. 2007..Professional boundaries ensure that a dentist's focus remains on the patient's welfare. Such boundaries may be compromised by accepting gifts from patients...
- Caffeine consumption and methotrexate dosing requirement in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritisDavid L Swanson
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Int J Dermatol 46:157-9. 2007..Here, we aimed to investigate the effect of caffeine consumption on the methotrexate dosing requirements in patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis...
- A comparison of self-reported use of behavioral health services with Medicaid agency records in MinnesotaTimothy J Beebe
Survey Research Center, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street S W, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:1652-4. 2006..This study examined how well recipients of psychiatric or substance abuse services self-report their care...
- Safety, feasibility, and short-term outcomes of laparoscopic ileal-pouch-anal anastomosis: a single institutional case-matched experienceDavid W Larson
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Surg 243:667-70; discussion 670-2. 2006..To compare safety and short-term outcomes of 100 laparoscopic ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA) versus 200 conventional open IPAA patients...
- Beta-2 adrenergic receptor polymorphisms and the forearm blood flow response to mental stressZhong Liu
Dept of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Auton Res 16:105-12. 2006..Furthermore, the Arg16/Gly beta2-receptor polymorphism has no significant influence on the FBF or cardiovascular responses to mental stress...
- Combined transabdominal gastroplasty and fundoplication for shortened esophagus: impact on reflux-related and overall quality of lifeScott G Houghton
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1947-52. 2008..We hypothesized that transabdominal gastroplasty impairs quality of life (QOL)...
- Joint arthroplasty within 10 years after primary charnley total hip arthroplastySiraj A Sayeed
Department of Orthopedics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 38:E141-3. 2009..2%. The 10-year death rate was 21.8%. With more than 200,000 THAs being performed in the United States each year, these numbers can guide orthopedic surgeons in their discussions about subsequent arthroplasty procedures on other joints...
- Patient and physician-assessed shoulder function after arthroplastyAdam M Smith
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, 200 First Street S W, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:508-13. 2006..In this study, we examined a group of patients who were assessed with patient and physician-administered questionnaires following shoulder arthroplasty...
- Predictors of complications and outcomes of external hemipelvectomy wounds: account of 160 consecutive casesAlex Senchenkov
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:355-63. 2008..Hemipelvectomy has high wound complication rates. This study aimed to determine variables that may influence hemipelvectomy wound morbidity...
- Prognostic implications of preoperative atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing aortic valve replacement: is there an argument for concomitant arrhythmia surgery?Dumbor L Ngaage
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1392-9. 2006..The prognostic significance of preoperative atrial fibrillation (AF) at the time of aortic valve replacement is unknown, as is the potential role for concomitant arrhythmia surgery...
- Mixing web and mail methods in a survey of physiciansTimothy J Beebe
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Health Serv Res 42:1219-34. 2007..To assess the effects of two different mixed-mode (mail and web survey) combinations on response rates, response times, and nonresponse bias in a sample of primary care and specialty internal medicine physicians...
- Health-related quality of life and patient satisfaction after global endometrial ablation for menorrhagia in women with bleeding disorders: a follow-up survey and systematic reviewSherif A El-Nashar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:348.e1-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to describe health-related quality of life and satisfaction after global endometrial ablation in women with bleeding disorders and a systematic review of the literature...
- Prediction of healing for postoperative diabetic foot wounds based on early wound area progressionLawrence A Lavery
Department of Surgery, Scott and White Memorial Hospital at Texas A and M University, Georgetown, Texas, USA
Diabetes Care 31:26-9. 2008..To evaluate the probability of wound healing based on percentage of wound area reduction (PWAR) at 1 and 4 weeks in individuals with large, chronic, nonischemic diabetic foot wounds following partial foot amputation...