Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- A new clone sweeps clean: the enigmatic emergence of Escherichia coli sequence type 131Ritu Banerjee
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:4997-5004. 2014..coli. Here we discuss the epidemiology and molecular phylogeny of ST131 and its key subclones, possible mechanisms for their ecological success, implications of their widespread dissemination, and future research needs. ..
- Predictors and molecular epidemiology of community-onset extended-spectrum Î²-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli infection in a Midwestern communityRitu Banerjee
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34:947-53. 2013..To identify predictors of community-onset extended-spectrum Î²-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli infection...
- Combinations of cefoxitin plus other β-lactams are synergistic in vitro against community associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusR Banerjee
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 32:827-33. 2013..Further studies of combination β-lactam therapy may provide insight into β-lactam biology, penicillin binding protein cooperativity, and novel therapeutic strategies against MRSA...
- Escherichia coli sequence type 131 is a dominant, antimicrobial-resistant clonal group associated with healthcare and elderly hostsRitu Banerjee
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34:361-9. 2013..To determine prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of infection due to Escherichia coli sequence type ST131...
- A mecA-negative strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with high-level β-lactam resistance contains mutations in three genesRitu Banerjee
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4900-2. 2010..CRB displayed resistance to a variety of β-lactams but was hypersusceptible to cefoxitin...
- Rapid drug susceptibility testing with a molecular beacon assay is associated with earlier diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in CaliforniaRitu Banerjee
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:3779-81. 2010..Use of the MB assay reduced the time to detection and treatment of MDR TB...
- Molecular epidemiology of Escherichia coli sequence type 131 and Its H30 and H30-Rx subclones among extended-spectrum-β-lactamase-positive and -negative E. coli clinical isolates from the Chicago Region, 2007 to 2010Ritu Banerjee
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:6385-8. 2013..Thus, the H30 and H30-Rx subclones are more antimicrobial resistant and have virulence profiles that are distinct from those of non-H30 ST131 isolates. ..
- Prevalence of rectal colonization with multidrug-resistant Enterobacteriaceae among international patients hospitalized at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MinnesotaShawn Vasoo
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 35:182-6. 2014..Twenty-one isolates were extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli. Colonization was associated with gastrointestinal disease and central venous catheter placement within the antecedent year. ..
- Optimization of vancomycin dosing in very low-birth-weight preterm neonatesTheresa Madigan
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Am J Perinatol 32:83-6. 2015..0 Âµg/mL) troughs, without an increase in toxicity among VLBW premature neonates. ..
- The clonal distribution and diversity of extraintestinal Escherichia coli isolates vary according to patient characteristicsRitu Banerjee
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:5912-7. 2013....
- The effect of age and weight on vancomycin serum trough concentrations in pediatric patientsTheresa Madigan
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Pharmacotherapy 33:1264-72. 2013..Despite more aggressive vancomycin dosing, there continues to be significant variability in vancomycin trough concentrations in pediatric patients...