Genomes and Genes
Michaela S Banck
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- The genomic landscape of small intestine neuroendocrine tumorsMichaela S Banck
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 123:2502-8. 2013..We conclude that sequencing-based analysis may provide provisional grouping of SI-NETs by therapeutic targets or deregulated pathways...
- The ZNF217 oncogene is a candidate organizer of repressive histone modifiersMichaela S Banck
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Epigenetics 4:100-6. 2009..Taken together, these findings suggest that ZNF217 assembles a distinct set of histone modifying proteins at target DNA sites that act synergistically in transcriptional repression...
- Sensory neuron targeting by self-complementary AAV8 via lumbar puncture for chronic painBenjamin Storek
Department of Medicine and Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1055-60. 2008..Therefore, gene transfer by LP may be suitable for developing gene therapy-based treatments for chronic pain...
- Diametrically opposite methylome-transcriptome relationships in high- and low-CpG promoter genes in postmitotic neural rat tissueTheresa Hartung
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Epigenetics 7:421-8. 2012..Therefore, diametrically opposite methylome-transcriptome associations characterize LCP and HCP genes in postmitotic neural tissue in vivo...
- KLF6 degradation after apoptotic DNA damageMichaela S Banck
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, P O Box 1079, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, Room 24 42A, New York, NY 10029, USA
FEBS Lett 580:6981-6. 2006..KLF6 was unchanged by apoptosis via the extrinsic/death-receptor pathway. Deregulation of KLF6 stability may alter its tumor suppressor function and/or the response of tumors to chemotherapeutics...
- Advances in small bowel neuroendocrine neoplasiaMichaela S Banck
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 30:163-7. 2014..This review aims at summarizing progress in clinical trials and basic science redefining the diagnosis and treatment of well differentiated small intestine neuroendocrine tumors (SI-NET)...
- Intrathecal long-term gene expression by self-complementary adeno-associated virus type 1 suitable for chronic pain studies in ratsBenjamin Storek
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Mol Pain 2:4. 2006..Our studies focused on recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV), one of the most promising vector types for clinical use...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibition by the KLF6 tumor suppressor protein through interaction with cyclin D1Sharon Benzeno
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Res 64:3885-91. 2004..Our data suggest that KLF6 converges with the Rb pathway to inhibit cyclin D1/cdk4 activity, resulting in growth suppression...