Maya A Babu
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Investigating the scope of resident patient care handoffs within neurosurgeryMaya A Babu
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41810. 2012..The issue of handoffs has not been studied in the neurosurgical literature...
- Device innovation in neurosurgery: controversy, learning, and future directionsMaya A Babu
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Neurosurgery 70:789-94; discussion 794-5. 2012..261M). Despite public and legislative perceptions of widespread conflicts of interest, there are relatively few neurosurgeons who hold patents and receive significant royalties...
- Is trauma transfer influenced by factors other than medical need? An examination of insurance status and transfer in patients with mild head injuryMaya A Babu
Department of Neurologic Surgery, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Neurosurgery 69:659-67; discussion 667. 2011..Yet, many Level I trauma Centers have raised concerns about the financial drivers influencing transfer...
- Strategies to decrease the risk of ventricular catheter infections: a review of the evidenceMaya A Babu
Department of Neurologic Surgery, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neurocrit Care 16:194-202. 2012..In this paper, we review the in vivo and in vitro evidence for antibiotic-coated catheters...
- Physician-owned hospitals, neurosurgeons, and disclosure: lessons from law and the literatureMaya A Babu
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Neurosurgery 68:1724-32; discussion 1732. 2011....