R S Abraham
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Identification of HLA-class-II-restricted epitopes of autoantigens in transgenic miceR S Abraham
Department of Immunology, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 12:122-9. 2000....
- Novel analysis of clonal diversification in blood B cell and bone marrow plasma cell clones in immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosisRoshini S Abraham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Immunol 27:69-87. 2007..Therefore, graphical analysis of B cell lineage trees and mathematical quantification of tree properties provide novel insights into the process of B cell clonal evolution in AL...
- Relevance of laboratory testing for the diagnosis of primary immunodeficiencies: a review of case-based examples of selected immunodeficienciesRoshini S Abraham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Mol Allergy 9:6. 2011..This review highlights a few of the laboratory assays available for the diagnostic work-up of broad categories of PIDs, based on immunophenotyping, followed by examples of disease-specific testing...
- Functional gene expression analysis of clonal plasma cells identifies a unique molecular profile for light chain amyloidosisRoshini S Abraham
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 105:794-803. 2005..This study provides new insight into the molecular profile of clonal plasma cells and its functional relevance in the pathogenesis of light chain amyloidosis...
- Analysis of somatic hypermutation and antigenic selection in the clonal B cell in immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis (AL)Roshini S Abraham
Division of Hematology, Stabile 6 28, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Immunol 24:340-53. 2004..Additionally, mutational clusterspots were identified at specific positions in the nucleotide and deduced protein sequence that could potentially contribute to destabilizing interactions resulting in a propensity to form amyloid...
- Immunoglobulin light chain variable (V) region genes influence clinical presentation and outcome in light chain-associated amyloidosis (AL)Roshini S Abraham
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Mayo Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 101:3801-8. 2003..The presence of renal disease, on the other hand, was associated with improved survival. Therefore, identification of the clonal VL gene in AL has important implications in determining clinical outcome...
- HLA-DQ8 transgenic and NOD mice recognize different epitopes within the cytoplasmic region of the tyrosine phosphatase-like molecule, IA-2Y C Kudva
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Hum Immunol 62:1099-105. 2001..In conclusion, we have identified IA-2 peptides that induce lymphoproliferative responses in DQ8 transgenic and NOD mice and shown that these peptides stimulate production of Th1 and Th2 cytokines...
- Quantitative analysis of clonal bone marrow CD19+ B cells: use of B cell lineage trees to delineate their role in the pathogenesis of light chain amyloidosisMichelle K Manske
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Immunol 120:106-20. 2006..These data provide a robust example of the use of graphical quantification methods in delineating the role of neoplastic precursors in the pathogenesis of hematopoietic malignancies...
- Type 1 diabetes-predisposing MHC alleles influence the selection of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) 65-specific T cells in a transgenic modelR S Abraham
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905 Department of Endocrinology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Immunol 166:1370-9. 2001..Thus, the presence of diabetes-associated genes determines whether immune tolerance is maintained to islet autoantigens, but autoreactivity in itself is not sufficient to induce diabetes...
- Rituximab therapy in idiopathic membranous nephropathy: a 2-year studyFernando C Fervenza
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:2188-98. 2010..This hypothesis was supported by previous pharmacokinetic (PK) analysis showing that RTX levels in the two-dose regimen were 50% lower compared with nonproteinuric patients, which could potentially result in undertreatment...
- Elevated serum immunoglobulin E (IgE): when to suspect hyper-IgE syndrome-A 10-year pediatric tertiary care center experienceAvni Y Joshi
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 30:23-7. 2009..5). A variety of clinical situations result in an elevated IgE level, with atopy being the most common cause. In the absence of typical clinical features, elevated serum IgE levels are not predictive of HIES...
- Elimination of the need for urine studies in the screening algorithm for monoclonal gammopathies by using serum immunofixation and free light chain assaysJerry A Katzmann
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:1575-8. 2006..To determine the relative diagnostic contribution of urine assays as part of the screening algorithm for monoclonal gammopathies...
- Absolute values of immunoglobulin free light chains are prognostic in patients with primary systemic amyloidosis undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantationAngela Dispenzieri
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Blood 107:3378-83. 2006..Achievement of FLC response was a better predictor of survival than achievement of complete hematologic response or normalization of the FLC ratio. FLC measurements both before and after PBSCT are important predictors of patient outcome...
- Diagnostic performance of quantitative kappa and lambda free light chain assays in clinical practiceJerry A Katzmann
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 51:878-81. 2005..We evaluated its diagnostic performance in clinical practice...
- Characterization of amyloidogenic immunoglobulin light chains directly from serum by on-line immunoaffinity isolationH Robert Bergen
Biomedical Mass Spectrometry and Functional Proteomics Facility, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biomed Chromatogr 18:191-201. 2004..This type of on-line assay may prove helpful in elucidating distinguishing features capable of discriminating AL from benign monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance as well as diagnosing AL...
- Serum reference intervals and diagnostic ranges for free kappa and free lambda immunoglobulin light chains: relative sensitivity for detection of monoclonal light chainsJerry A Katzmann
Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 48:1437-44. 2002..These diseases are more prevalent in the elderly, and assays to detect and quantify abnormal amounts of FLCs require reference intervals that include elderly donors...
- Phenotypic and clinical heterogeneity associated with monoallelic TNFRSF13B-A181E mutations in common variable immunodeficiencyXiangyang Dong
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Hum Immunol 71:505-11. 2010..88%). We report in this study that the A181E mutation is associated with a very heterogeneous clinical presentation along with variability in B-cell numbers and amount of TACI protein on memory B cells...
- Deficiency of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific CD8+ T cells in patients presenting with late-onset CMV disease several years after transplantationN W Cummins
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 11:20-7. 2009..The clinical utility of this assay, however, will need to be evaluated in larger prospective studies...
- Common variable immunodeficiency: a new look at an old diseaseMiguel A Park
Division of Allergic Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Lancet 372:489-502. 2008....
- Trimolecular complexes of lambda light chain dimers in serum of a patient with multiple myelomaRoshini S Abraham
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Clin Chem 48:1805-11. 2002..CONCLUSION: Monoclonal lambda light chains may present as hexameric aggregates that cannot be cleared by renal excretion...
- Beneficial effect of TRAIL on HIV burden, without detectable immune consequencesBrett D Shepard
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3096. 2008....
- Lineage tree analysis of immunoglobulin variable-region gene mutations in autoimmune diseases: chronic activation, normal selectionAvital Steiman-Shimony
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar-Ilan University, Building 212, Box 61, Ramat-Gan 52900, Israel
Cell Immunol 244:130-6. 2006..In contrast, comparison of the measurements for tree branching indicated that similar selection pressure operates on autoimmune and normal control clones...
- Immunoglobulin variable-region gene mutational lineage tree analysis: application to autoimmune diseasesAvital Steiman-Shimony
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan 52900, Israel
Autoimmun Rev 5:242-51. 2006..Additionally, lineage trees from most studies reflect the chronic character of autoimmune diseases...
- Quantitative analysis of serum free light chains. A new marker for the diagnostic evaluation of primary systemic amyloidosisRoshini S Abraham
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, England
Am J Clin Pathol 119:274-8. 2003..In addition, the FLC assay can be used for follow-up of patients with amyloidosis who have undergone stem cell transplantation...
- Correlation of serum immunoglobulin free light chain quantification with urinary Bence Jones protein in light chain myelomaRoshini S Abraham
Clin Chem 48:655-7. 2002
- Bence Jones cryoglobulinuria: characterization of a urinary kappa light chain cryoglobulinAbdul Jaleel
Clin Chem 52:1435-6. 2006