Catherine M DesRoches
Affiliation: Mathematica Policy Research
- Small, nonteaching, and rural hospitals continue to be slow in adopting electronic health record systemsCatherine M DesRoches
Mathematica Policy Research, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1092-9. 2012..A more robust infrastructure for information exchange needs to be developed, and possibly a special program for the sizable minority of hospitals that have almost no health information technology at all...
- Health information technology in the workplace: findings from a 2010 national survey of registered nursesCatherine M DesRoches
Mathematica Policy Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Nurs Adm 41:357-64. 2011..Ensuring that HIT systems are relevant to and usable for RNs will be a critical component in achieving the meaningful use of these systems...
- Evidence of an emerging digital divide among hospitals that care for the poorAshish K Jha
Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:w1160-70. 2009..These findings suggest that adopting EHRs should be a major policy goal of health reform measures targeting hospitals that serve large populations of poor patients...
- Electronic health records in small physician practices: availability, use, and perceived benefitsSowmya R Rao
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Biostatistics Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:271-5. 2011..To examine variation in the adoption of electronic health record (EHR) functionalities and their use patterns, barriers to adoption, and perceived benefits by physician practice size...
- A progress report on electronic health records in U.S. hospitalsAshish K Jha
Harvard School of Public Health, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System and Brigham and Women s Hospital Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1951-7. 2010..These findings underscore the fact that the transition to a digital health care system is likely to be a long one...
- Electronic health records' limited successes suggest more targeted usesCatherine M DesRoches
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:639-46. 2010..Instead, policies are needed that encourage the use of electronic health records in ways that will lead to improvements in care...
- Differences between integrated and stand-alone E-prescribing systems have implications for future useCatherine M DesRoches
Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:2268-77. 2010..Because many stand-alone systems cannot meet meaningful-use requirements, there is likely to be a shift toward integrated systems...
- Caring for patients in a malpractice crisis: physician satisfaction and quality of careMichelle M Mello
Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:42-53. 2004..First, perceptions influence behavior with respect to practice environment and clinical decision making. Second, perceptions influence the physician-patient relationship and the interpersonal quality of care...