Jeffrey M Smith
Affiliation: Maternal and Neonatal Health Program
- Misoprostol for postpartum hemorrhage prevention at home birth: an integrative review of global implementation experience to dateJeffrey Michael Smith
JHPIEGO, 1776 Massachusetts Ave, NW 300, Washington, DC 20036, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:44. 2013..However, there are several outstanding questions about distribution of misoprostol for PPH prevention at home births...
- An integrative review of the side effects related to the use of magnesium sulfate for pre-eclampsia and eclampsia managementJeffrey Michael Smith
JHPIEGO, 1776 Massachusetts Ave, Washington, DC 20036, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:34. 2013..The purpose of this review was to determine whether the literature published in these global settings supports the concerns about the safety of use of magnesium sulfate...
- Seroprevalence and correlates of HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis B and C virus among intrapartum patients in Kabul, AfghanistanCatherine S Todd
Division of International Health and Cross Cultural Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
BMC Infect Dis 8:119. 2008....
- Establishment of an accreditation system for midwifery education in Afghanistan: maintaining quality during national expansionJeffrey M Smith
JHPIEGO, Bangkok, Thailand
Public Health 122:558-67. 2008..To establish a mechanism for ensuring and regulating quality of pre-service midwifery education in Afghanistan during a period of intense expansion...
- Prevention of postpartum hemorrhage at home birth in AfghanistanHarshadkumar Sanghvi
JHPIEGO, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 108:276-81. 2010..To test the safety, acceptability, feasibility, and effectiveness of community-based education and distribution of misoprostol for prevention of postpartum hemorrhage at home birth in Afghanistan...
- Conceiving and dying in AfghanistanJeffrey M Smith
Johns Hopkins University, JHPIEGO Afghanistan, Karte Se, Kabul, Afghanistan
Lancet 365:827-8. 2005