Elaine W Yu
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Simulated increases in body fat and errors in bone mineral density measurements by DXA and QCTElaine W Yu
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:119-24. 2012..Although overlying fat also affects QCT BMD measurements, the error is smaller and more uniform than with DXA BMD. Caution must be used when interpreting BMD changes in humans whose body composition is changing...
- Acid-suppressive medications and risk of bone loss and fracture in older adultsElaine W Yu
Endocrine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Thier 1101, 50 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 83:251-9. 2008..The use of PPIs in older women, and perhaps older men with low calcium intake, may be associated with a modestly increased risk of nonspine fracture...
- Time-dependent changes in skeletal response to teriparatide: escalating vs. constant dose teriparatide (PTH 1-34) in osteoporotic womenElaine W Yu
Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Medicine, Endocrine Unit, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Bone 48:713-9. 2011..The time-dependent waning of the response to teriparatide appears to be bone-specific...
- Proton pump inhibitors and risk of fractures: a meta-analysis of 11 international studiesElaine W Yu
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Am J Med 124:519-26. 2011..Concerns have been raised about the risk of fractures with acid-suppressive medications, such as proton pump inhibitors and histamine(2)-receptor antagonists...
- Acute decline in serum sclerostin in response to PTH infusion in healthy menElaine W Yu
Massachusetts General Hospital Endocrine Unit, 50 Blossom Street, Thier 1051, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1848-51. 2011..The immediate physiological changes in serum sclerostin in response to PTH infusion have not been reported in human studies...
- Gonadal steroids and body composition, strength, and sexual function in menJoel S Finkelstein
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 369:1011-22. 2013..Current approaches to diagnosing testosterone deficiency do not consider the physiological consequences of various testosterone levels or whether deficiencies of testosterone, estradiol, or both account for clinical manifestations...